New Build - Complete

What does the grout look like when you wet it down? I would mist water over it and see if that darkens it up at all.

I don't know of anything to darken grout that would not require reapplication every so often. And it would be a royal pain with that many grout joints.

--Jeff

You can look at products like this:

Here is Mapei's site:

Have not used personally, but know that it exists.

-Tom

What does the grout look like when you wet it down? I would mist water over it and see if that darkens it up at all.

I don't know of anything to darken grout that would not require reapplication every so often. And it would be a royal pain with that many grout joints.

--Jeff
Water doesn’t change the color much .. I will talk to builder on Monday if anything could be done

Like others have said, I would wait till it all comes together.. At first, I did not like my tile selection when it was installed. It looked good 5 months ago in the showroom with one little sample, fast forward 5 months they installed in the pool I thought it looked too busy.. Today they are installing the coping and the tile is looking better to me and not so busy anymore now that it is combined with the other design elements..

Like others have said, I would wait till it all comes together.. At first, I did not like my tile selection when it was installed. It looked good 5 months ago in the showroom with one little sample, fast forward 5 months they installed in the pool I thought it looked too busy.. Today they are installing the coping and the tile is looking better to me and not so busy anymore now that it is combined with the other design elements..
Pour bucket of water .. looks much better 😊.. color got little dark .. I can live with this color ..thank you all for your help and listening (or reading) to my concerns

Attachments

• D21BCD3A-B4A0-4398-A0DC-25D83BF393F9.jpeg
    D21BCD3A-B4A0-4398-A0DC-25D83BF393F9.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 89
  • C78EA0F5-73C0-4F9F-9522-435D169D6FF7.jpeg
    C78EA0F5-73C0-4F9F-9522-435D169D6FF7.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 84

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking for some more accent - there is lot of light color decking. So thinking maybe planters , turf or stones border between coping and pavers will make it pop ..

can you add turf or stone boarders now? Are the pavers already set? Or is that a later project? I think it looks great! Just wait to the end...it will all come together! Landscaping, planters, furniture, rugs, pillows, and drinking wine in that awesome hot tub changes the look and feel of it all! Good luck with the rest of the build.

can you add turf or stone boarders now? Are the pavers already set? Or is that a later project? I think it looks great! Just wait to the end...it will all come together! Landscaping, planters, furniture, rugs, pillows, and drinking wine in that awesome hot tub changes the look and feel of it all! Good luck with the rest of the build.
No it’s just graded, travertine is not yet set . It slowed down last couple weeks due to holidays . Expected to pick up from next week..

Reactions: JMSMommy
Decking complete just before the storm 😊. Too cold outside to take more pictures . I will share more next week . I like it so far .. last minute change to add small turf border as it was looking little bland .. builder was nice to redo some travertine to have space for turf ..are there different grades in turf also ? What do I need to look when selecting turf - totally new to this area

Attachments

• AB2D9B10-6F78-4F27-BA36-0D0F868585D8.jpeg
    AB2D9B10-6F78-4F27-BA36-0D0F868585D8.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 52
  • 5A64F1DA-5BAE-4206-9C55-B301F0296A9A.jpeg
    5A64F1DA-5BAE-4206-9C55-B301F0296A9A.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 34

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.