New build- Baytown, TX

We have all of the Pool School you need! LOL When they start talking about water levels and such just nod and smile THEN come back here to get the science bases levels and what to use to move each one as needed.

Kim:kim:

747f06f53fb703997504508f0eb3ce4e.jpg

Pool school wasn't as bad as I thought. He said the main thing to watch right now is pH and TA. We put 1 3" chlorine tablet in a float. He said to hold off on stabilizer for a week. He said he just isn't a fan of adding a bunch of stuff right away in a new pool. He did say we can add it right away if we wanted. I mentioned i planned on using bleach instead of chlorine and he said he prefers chlorine but that they are the same stuff. I am surprised he put the robot in today. I thought I read to wait a month before adding but I'm glad it's in. A bunch of grass was in pool.

He said he will be back in a month with salt and to go over the SWG. Right now he has the VSP at 1750 RPM running 24/7. He said to keep it like this for 3-4 days then I can program to whatever I want

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am surprised he put the robot in today. I thought I read to wait a month before adding but I'm glad it's in. A bunch of grass was in pool.
He said he will be back in a month with salt and to go over the SWG. Right now he has the VSP at 1750 RPM running 24/7. He said to keep it like this for 3-4 days then I can program to whatever I want

If he ran the robot it's his warranty. I would take it out immediately after finish however and only use it limited for the first month

As for the pump until the SWG is running after the first 4 days, if the pool is clear and no more plasterbduat is being brushed off the walls you can run it as little as 2 hours a day.

There's a lot of great info here Hydraulics 101 - Have you lost your head?

and then this study. http://consensus.fsu.edu/FBC/Pool-E...4_study-efficiency_of_circulation_systems.pdf

what's the consensus about adding stabilizer and going ahead and adding bleach to get the right numbers in? Look like in poolmath I need to add 6lbs of stabilizer to get CYA to 40. then I will add enough bleach to get FC to 6. ( 1 gal and 3 qt of 6%)

so just did my first test with pool water. Results:
TA-40 (fill water 80)
pH-7.2
CH-175 (250)

Will a new pool lower those amounts that much? Before I add what pool math says I just want to be sure numbers sound good. They did acid start up and during pool school he put a bunch of baking soda in because of low ph. Was in the 6s

The TA is quite possible due to the acid wash.

The CH - not so much. That should be essentially what your fill water is. So I would hold off on adding any calcium just yet. Monitor your CSI (you will need to raise your TA a bit most likely) to keep it from going below -0.6.

The baking soda will raise TA without raising pH. I would not add any until you have another day of circulation and then retest.

No CYA or FC? If not, I would suggest getting 30 ppm of CYA into the water and FC 3 ppm.

Take care.

Just did a full range of tests. On the 7th I added 6 lbs of stabilizer for CYA goal of 40 and added 161 oz of 8.25% bleach which I got FC of 5.

Today:
FC-1.5
CC-0
CH-175
TA-50
CYA-30
pH-7.2

There is still solid stabilizer in front of return so adjusting FC back to 5. Should I go to the store and add CH to bring it up tomorrow?

Lets wait one more week on the CH. Test next week and see if it goes up any. We will go from there. Some times the plaster curing will add CH. We don't want too much as the only way to remove it is to remove and replace water.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.