New Build | Athens Georgia

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Your slope is quite a bit like ours. We (well, Skippy) planted juniper and wondering jew. The junipers are all spread out. Definitely provides good erosion control.

Maddie :flower:

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
What are you planning on putting on the dirt?
We will probably do some kind of shrubbery on the hill. Would like to get a lawn going on the lower part. I have a couple of landscaping "problem" areas that need to be addressed. I'll post some pictures seeking advise soon. I'll be sure to tag you.

I put down some hay around the equipment pad last night. And made a little hay trail to walk on so that I don't track mud on the deck. I do have some left over pavers I could probably use to help the dirt from washing over the pad.

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
Day 94 (12/27)

We have permanent power! Put the light switch does not work. Electrician thinks it is a bad controller. They will come back out and replace later. For now I have to turn off/on and breaker box.

l1ltaral1l

Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2019
Walnutport, PA
Just stalked your build - I would have died with that murky water! LOL. Looks great now. Ours is very similar with walk out steps in the deep end. Love all your concrete decking too!

Reactions: Shirker

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
I would have died with that murky water!
I wasn't too pleased with it either... But I had confidence in the cartridge filter. The look on the water delivery guy's face was funny. I think he was more upset about it than I was.

Love all your concrete decking too!
The decking pushed our budget for sure. But we knew we would always regret skimping on it.

FlapjackMcCoy

Bronze Supporter
Aug 13, 2019
North Carolina
Not sure if anyone answered you on this but that funny copper spring is part of your pool bonding, plus as you mentioned it probably does have the sacrificial zinc anode.

Last edited by a moderator: