NEW Blue Surf Pebble Sheen color

We got plastered today. Or is it stoned? I dunno, anyway, our Blue Surf finish with Shimmering Sea is now on the pool. Polish tomorrow (in spite of the heavy rain forecast), and then water arriving around noon. Can't wait to have something that looks like a pool again...

I've been doing time-lapse videos of our renovation (see below), and this is one of the cooler ones to watch - it's quite a setup / process!

Pictures of the finish:

And we got some of the sparkly mini-tiles on the steps and "Spa seat":

And it's a little tough to see in the bag, but they also did a pebble-topped cover for the main drain:

Here's the video of the pretty elaborate process:

Here are some pics of Blue Surf with Shimmering Sea now that we have water. Definitely happy with the color choice...

Right after the fill the color was definitely a little murky / green tints:

But after some TA and pH balancing, looking a lot more blue:

I have to say this is spectacular. I will be a happy camper if my color comes out like this. I really think that PebbleTec got the color great. The Aqua Blue was not natural enough looking for me and the blue granite was too gray. I honestly think this color is the happy medium between the two if you are someone wanting a blue interior finish without going too dark.

chinatti can you get some close up photos of your steps? I want to see how those look. I am mainly interested in how my tanning ledge would look with me standing on it.

I am super thrilled with this color actually!

I agree. My wife wanted "blue" (we had old black plaster that had lots of streaks / etc, and I think she was over-compensating for that by going a lot lighter), and I think I would have naturally gravitated more towards the blue/grey colors myself. We had actually selected Aqua Blue, but then I made a last minute change to Blue Surf. I'm definitely happy with the choice we made, and my wife likes it too. What more can you ask for?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree. My wife wanted "blue" (we had old black plaster that had lots of streaks / etc, and I think she was over-compensating for that by going a lot lighter), and I think I would have naturally gravitated more towards the blue/grey colors myself. We had actually selected Aqua Blue, but then I made a last minute change to Blue Surf. I'm definitely happy with the choice we made, and my wife likes it too. What more can you ask for?

We are in the exact same boat. My wife wanted "Blue". If it wasn't blue looking she didn't like it at all. I wanted more blue granite or even tahoe blue so my sun shelf would look more natural (blue granite was a bit too gray for me). We saw an aqua blue pool and I really didn't like the powder blue look of it on the sun shelf. When I got a blue surf sample I realized the plaster was more water blue when it was wet than aqua blue. So I had my daughter put them both in a bowl and we did a blind choice without looking at the stickers. Everyone picked blue surf. That is how we picked our color since we couldn't see a pool with it. To me it has more natural pebbles in it but a better blue plaster.

Yes I was wanting with water

Snapped a few more of the steps. Excuse the dirt buildup - trying to figure out if it's OK to vacuum or not - my startup instructions say not to vacuum for 7 days, but other places say it's OK to vacuum - in either case using only a brush head (i.e. no wheels). I think the "dirt" you can see is mostly the sand from the decking work.

Anyway, here are close-ups of the steps with water (the depths on the 3 steps are roughly 4", 15" and 26"):

And here's one of the "spa seat" (depth is roughly 15"):

And another couple more wide shots of the pool:

Everything I have read says you can do the brush head manual vacuuming. No wheels or rollers. Just think of it like this.........you are told to brush your pool already so the brush head on the vacuum is really not different. NOW saying that I would be VERY careful on the edges of the pool and make sure I did not come any where near them with the edge of the vacuum head sides.

Those pics are so pretty! LOVE the jewels on the steps!

Kim

Thanks for the extra photos. I am so excited to have mine done so I can see it in person. I really like the color. The plaster looks darker than Aqua Blue bit the pebbles look more tan and black. Is that what you see in person?

Here's a pic of my Aqua blue sample down on the step:

157bb1f7aea0663b2534732d90f101e1-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is sooooo awesome to put the sample of Aqua Blue on the REAL Blue Surf finish of a REAL completed pool!!! It's the perfect way to compare/contrast the finishes! It's so easy to see that Blue Surf gives you a deeper and true-er blue. And the aqua shows up so well on the Aqua Blue. Now, for me, I'd have to take out the tan pebbles, so I'd have less teal/green for the tile I selected. Otherwise, Blue Surf would have been a great match for my pool.

Chinatti, you are brilliant!!!
Suz.

I included the other samples that have been my major contenders. The samples have all been soaked in water all day yesterday and last night. But..... it looks like the older colors, and samples, may be really old and not absorbing the water well. I'm not sure how good this comparison is.... I guess it's something. I'm still going with Blue Granite. It's tried and true. The Blue Surf looks darker than the Blue Granite (I don't want anything darker than BG). I'm concerned the darker color may get the water too warm for me in Houston.

Showing the backs of the samples to see the base plaster better; wet:

The pebble surface of the samples; wet:

- - - Updated - - -

Kim, this is the only photo I could find with all three samples in one shot - Aqua Blue, Blue Granite, and Blue Surf. It's not great, but it might show you how Blue Granite compares.

I read my post just quoted above and had to laugh..... Now that we've had the pool filled for 10 weeks, we're thinking we would have liked a little darker finish than the Blue Granite exactly to have warmer water!!! Maybe next summer we will feel differently. But with fall coming on, the cooler water is really bugging us. And with time to think about it, if the darker water makes it a little warmer, it would lengthen our swim season or at least make the beginning and end of the season water a little more comfortable. Hot water won't keep me out of the pool, but too cool of water will. It's just so hard to predict your own personal preference!!!! Go figure!

Suz.

Nice job Suz! I forgot about those pics. They sure do show the color difference.

LOL at the warm water not keeping you out but cool water does. I have to say I am the same way. No more pool time for me----too burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now for me.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.