New bleach supplier in Katy TX.

Happy to report that the bleach strength is legit. I actually ended up with 2ppm more than expected! This means that my pool volume may be too large in pool math, or the bleach was greater than 12.5%. Daniel told me today that his supplier produces the bleach same morning it is delivered and he gets a printout of the concentration provided by the supplier… and it’s typically 14.xx %. But either way it appears to be stronger than the pinch a penny LC I’ve been getting for over a year.

So it looks like last time I filled up I may have gotten the tail end of a bad batch, or maybe the lines got flushed and I ended up with some flush water or who knows. But Patriot Cleaning Supply made it right and he now has a simpler method to fill small jobs like mine, reducing “dilution risk”. I’m hoping the product is consistent, and assuming the low concentration stuff I previously got was an anomaly, then all should be good. If anything remarkable happens I’ll update. I’ve had a very good experience with Patriot.
I used Patriot for the first time on Saturday. Can't beat the deal at $3/gal for 12.5%. He said the LC generally comes in hot from the supplier, 13%+, but tends to settle down to 12.5% pretty quickly and stay there. I guess concentrations above that aren't stable??

At any rate, he was happy to refill my 6 1-gallon Pool Essentials jugs from his smaller tank. Very happy with the price and I hope he sticks around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.