New AZ owner build! :)

Wow! What a beautiful paradise you built! Looks wonderful!
Love the car radio idea. Was it expensive?

it can be fairly inexpensive. It all depends on what you buy to do it. You can easily pick up a car stereo with many features for $100-150 bucks. Some of them even have spotify or pandora built in. Then you simply buy the speakers you want. The only issue here is that car stereo run at 4 ohm and house speakers run at 8 ohm. You can buy nice marine speakers that are used on boats as well as cars. In my case, i bought expensive house speakers from speakercarft that can run at 4-8 ohms. I like the recessed look of house speakers over car speakers so made the extra expense. You can easily find outdoor speakers (one ones you hang) that run on 4 ohm and cost about $150-250 each and just hang them. Just make sure you buy quality stuff because there are plenty of cheap ones out there and from my experience are not worth it. Alpine stereos have the best sound IMO.

I know it sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but you will see what I'm talking about if you go this route.

To sum it up, yes you can easily do this for under $400 but with crappy equipment. Or you can spend $800 or more and have yourself a great sounding system. Check craigslist for deals on stereos. There are always great deals on there. Just make sure you order a marine box for boats or get a custom one made for your ramada.

Alright, I'm coming out of hiding for this pool it's absolutely amazing!! Love all of your choices. If you don't mind me asking what did everything end up costing you.

The pool itself with ramada (just ramada without the guts meaning grill and accessories i added) was around 50K. All the other stuff was extra. Fireplace and pizza oven and travertine pavers were extra.

And this is with buddies wholesale accounts. I was quoted about 140K for this design with everything by pool builders and they were using cheaper travertine.

For your Pentair scree logic , did you hardwire an Internet line to your panel or use the wireless kit? I held off on adding the screen logic because It was going to be a real chore to run an Ethernet to the panel and I heard of problems with the wireless adaptors. I really wish I had the screen logic, I guess I'm just lazy and don't want to walk over to the panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your Pentair scree logic , did you hardwire an Internet line to your panel or use the wireless kit? I held off on adding the screen logic because It was going to be a real chore to run an Ethernet to the panel and I heard of problems with the wireless adaptors. I really wish I had the screen logic, I guess I'm just lazy and don't want to walk over to the panel.

I used the wireless kit. Very simple and straightforward. Just tell the person who is doing the electrical to install the antenna on panel. They should know where it goes. Very easy. You can do it yourself if you want. Once antenna is set up then you just install on computer and set password for your phone app.

The pentair product number is 522104 and it includes everything you need.

As far as wireless connection is concerned, do not listen to reviews. Reason being that majority of people are dumbfounded by how wireless works and their router and modem capabilities. LOL
Get yourself a good modem and router combo or use an extender router if your pool equipment is too far. But you should not have an issue if you buy a higher end wireless router and modem. Mine is in my home control panel upstairs and reaches outside to my panel perfectly fine. Simply connect the internet protocol adapter to your modem and voila. :)

I can help you if you have any issues. Just make sure the antenna is installed on your panel and facing your home.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an excellent wireless router ASUS. Man I wish I would have done the screen logic. Does it take and electrician to install in the panel or can it be added easy after. My pool is done.

Start a new thread and I'll walk you through it. Its not complicated. Keep in mind that the ScreenLogic doesn't use your WiFi signal to connect to the panel, that's what the protocol adapter is for that comes with the kit. I don't have a remote chance of getting a WiFi signal anywhere near my equipment pad and it works great.

I have an excellent wireless router ASUS. Man I wish I would have done the screen logic. Does it take and electrician to install in the panel or can it be added easy after. My pool is done.

It is pretty straight forward. Turn off power to your panel and connect four colored wires into the slot directly behind the screen panel (4 screws takes this off) for the antenna. The rest is all from your computer. :)

Your yard looks awesome! Could you explain a bit more about the "pre plumbed jets"? Is this what you are referring too? Those are really pricey unless I'm missing something?
I really appreciate the help!

Waterway 3-Jet Manifold Straight Body 7.25 | 210-3420G

Thats one of then, but i mean the fittings. Get the type that have the fitting already built in. Some snap on after your plaster or pebble. The female adapter ones are the normal, but pain to get right sometimes . You gotta play with them to get the way you want them.

- - - Updated - - -

Start a new thread and I'll walk you through it. Its not complicated. Keep in mind that the ScreenLogic doesn't use your WiFi signal to connect to the panel, that's what the protocol adapter is for that comes with the kit. I don't have a remote chance of getting a WiFi signal anywhere near my equipment pad and it works great.

Yes, he is right on. The adapter is what needs to be connected to your network in order to control it away from your network. But while your within your networks reach like your home then it connects wirelessly to your phone (as long as your phone is on same network) and no internet is needed. But nothing beats brain able to warm up your spa while dining out. :)

Your pool turned out great! We are just getting to the coping stage, so things are moving along. One thing I was wondering, it looks like you used stonescapes minipebble with abalone shell and glass. We are going to do the same thing, but I was wondering if you could post a daytime pick. We were looking at midnight blue, but I am nervous that will be too dark.

I'm so sorry I didn't realize you wrote back to me. Just finished picking my jaw off of the ground after seeing your end result. Gorgeous!

I am on the other side of the mountain from you in Ahwatukee. I would still love to know what subs you would recommend and any words of wisdom. I think we finally have our subs selected and will receive our permits on Friday. I am scared about being the owner/builder but your project definitely gives me inspiration!

Thanks for sharing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.