New AutoPilot SWG & Chemical Controller System Installed - ORP Question

Re: New AutoPilot SWG & Chemical Controller System Installed - ORP Question

Very informative thread I just read. So basically, these ORP's are for public pools for glancing in conjunction with testing. Very intresting.

So LoveMyAzPool, I'll be intrested in seeing if you can get yours nailed in to a Happy place. Good luck with it.

Thanks Casey -

I am going to try and see how it works out. I figured now would be a good time to try as it should be the easiest (cold out & no one using the pool). I'll report back and let everyone know how it is going.

OK, here is the latest update on my levels:

CC: 0
FC: 6.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 80
CYA:85
CH: 320
Salt: 3100
Temp: 48
ORP: 613

Everything but the CH is showing in limits according to Pool school with the exception of Calcium Hardness which is a little bit on the low side at 320 with the recommendation being 350-450. However, my CSI is showing a -0.66 and a corrosive warning. In playing with the numbers, I see if I bring up my CH up to 400 by adding 400oz of Calcium Chloride it brings my CSI to -0.57 which then shows my CSI as "OK". I also noticed as the pool water temp goes up, my CSI goes back into the green.

My question is should I go ahead and add the Calcium Chloride or just wait for the water temps to come up and let it naturally fix the problem that way? Also, is there something else I could be doing to get my CSI to 0 or does it matter that much?

Thanks

pH has the largest effect on CSI. 7.5 is rather low for winter pools. Let your pH come up to 7.7 and you'll be well balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.