New at testing... thoughts?

bhoppe

May 7, 2018
Waco, TX
Hi everyone. Long time follower but just now got my TFTestKit and tested for the first time.

A few weeks ago the pool was green. 2 weeks ago it was super cloudy. Today it's mostly clear with a little bit of haze. Lots of small leaves falling.

Here are the results of my first test. I may have done some of it wrong but I have not been doing it the TFP way... yet.

Thoughts on what I should do at this point?

Current stats (I can't believe the FC would be that high. I have used some bleach and some tabs but that seems out of whack. It's definitely higher than 5 though!):

IMG_7635A9D26A00-1.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. I think the CYA is much higher because I was unable to see the black dot much below the 100 line on the CYA tube. As of today I would say the cloudiness is gone. I will retest but I think I'm going to end up having to drain some and refill.

You can’t guesstimate over 100. Halfway to 100 is not 200 and so on. You need to do a 50/50 dilution with tap water and double the result for an accurate #. Or 1 part pool and 2 parts tap water and triple the result. And so on. People have had CYA in the hundreds before and no amount of chlorine will hold a SLAM if it’s that high. Excuse me, 55 gallon drums at a time will, But yeah. Lol.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.