New (and first ever) Pool! Dallas, TX

Make sure to share what they say so we can all learn from this with you!
Here’s what they said so far:
We will send our project manager out to see what he is speaking of. There may be some confusion on his end since there is no decking. Rebar/wire will either get buried or cut depending on the situation.​
They’ll be out this morning and my husband is going to try to get more information while they’re there.

Just be clear with your PB that you may be doing decking later so you don't want to do something that will cause more work later to put the correct bonding in the decking. Have him clearly document that what he is doing will be compatible with a future deck. He will be long gone so his concern is not for the future, so you need to look our for you.

Reactions: Awp14 and kimkats
Ok so the inspector is new and a bit strict, but it will work out that what the pool builder needs to do for us with the wire since we aren’t having decking is the same thing the inspector wants. He wants the wire buried in a six inch trench around the pool regardless of if there is decking or not.

I'd recommend placing caution tape above and along the entire route of the copper wire. This will make it easier to find later (and of course pics).

They actually sell foil tape that says buried electric on it for this purpose. Regular tape will deteriorate being buried. Any supply house will have it or order online. Remember and pool ladders or railings need bonding so leave extra if you plan on adding those if not already done

Reactions: Awp14
SWEET! Easy and something that was going to be done already! I guess he thought the trench would already be dug so it is all good!

kim:kim:

Yes, thank you all so much for your guidance! It’s nice to have all the outside information.

So now the city says we will fail our inspection because we don’t have no climb rails on our fence? Ugh, I hate inspections. Does anyone know what no climb rails are? The pool builder said they can add them and I assume that means more $$$

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We passed the inspection!! Now just waiting to hear what the next step is and when it’s happening...here’s hoping it’s plaster tomorrow lol

Will they plaster with no anti-climbs? Think you have to have fence to code before water, and water comes quickly after plaster.
I think the anti climb boards were installed yesterday. I posted a picture of it along with the wire trench and hopefully that is what it is! But you’re probably right perhaps that requires another inspection ?

So how are the triangle boards held on to the fence? I guess it would stop some people from climbing :roll:

SO glad you passed and it seems as if it was fairly easy!

Kim:kim:
Haha yes - my husband and I were saying that code seems to be a joke. Don’t get how that deters someone but whatever..

We have a final electrical inspection tomorrow. Hopefully we pass that too! I don’t know why they couldn’t do both today ?

So this is our latest FAIL! Agh! I’m getting so frustrated with this. I don’t know what this says or means. Perhaps “missing meter need service for pull light” ??

Attachments

• 0E3869E4-B042-4CF7-B3F5-FF1D4A6012E9.jpeg
    0E3869E4-B042-4CF7-B3F5-FF1D4A6012E9.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 34
So this is our latest FAIL! Agh! I’m getting so frustrated with this. I don’t know what this says or means. Perhaps “missing meter need service for pool light” ??
Perhaps he wanted to check the light to make sure that it works before plaster? I have not read the entire post here, is this a new home as well, without power yet (no meter)?

Reactions: Awp14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.