New AGP owner and don’t know what I did wrong

Tft test kits has a standard solution for cya. (Already measured). 50ppm I think. You can use it to check yourself to get comfortable with your readings.
Kate if your reading high or low, erratic, etc. Also you can read your pool sample several times to average a bit too.

is that the TF100 kit or is this another type?

Use PoolMath or Pool Math to determine how much product to use.

CYA powder (aka stabilizer, conditioner, etc) can be purchased at most Walmarts, Home Depot, Lowes. Or pool stores. Typically costs about $4 per pound.

Can you fill out a signature? See Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. The information you provide can help us more easily assist you without asking the same questions over and over.

Follow the steps I provided - your summary looks good. And yes, follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]based on the amount of CYA that will be in the water.

Ok signature updated.

Im looking for the CYA as I type this. Hopefully get the pool running by Saturday.

-jo

I get mine from Walmart or Amazon for $14.86. As an Amazon prime member it comes in 2 days and no tax or shipping fees :)
EE177717-74BF-4204-9AAE-4F221B46C228.jpg

how good is that brand? I used there products the first time and I think that’s what cause my water to get all cloudy for 2 weeks. Least I think the pH up and shock did that lol

-jo

In general i would stay away from Clorox pool products. But it seens like their stablizer is ok.

I get this at my local pool store. Less expensive than the Clorox stuff. $20 for 8 lbs.

6E310549-C766-46D1-B5C8-618BB5F5D8B5.jpg

Ok so the pool is now filled with fresh water. I took a test right now and came out with:
FC:0
TC:0
CC:0
pH:7.6
TA:90
CH:110
CYA:0

so using Marty’s recommendation of setting the CYA to 30ppm first I will be adding the powder thru a sock. Using PoolMath it said to put 36oz by weight correct?

Eventually getting to the 50ppm on CYA and matching the FC level of 7, which mean 131oz of bleach?

Just making sure sure before I go thru with it.

-jo

Numbers are good. Get 3 ppm FC of liquid chlorine into the water now. Once the CYA is dissolved from the sock, test the CYA the next morning. If it shows up as 30 ppm or so, add 20 ppm more worth of CYA. Raise your FC at that point to 7 ppm.

Good job.

You got this jo...just noticed Palmdale is that as in CA? If so been there many times as I lived in the Santa Clarita Valley for some time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just read through this for no other reason than to marvel at the open sharing here. We've had our pool up for almost two months now without any troubles thanks to the wisdom and methods shared on this site. Just wanted to say a big thank you from me to all of you - newcomers and old salts (or would that be SWGs?).

We're definitely in the right place jo. We're packing for vacation but when we get home I'm heading to the TFP Supporter page.....this IS my pool store - I don't know if we even have a real pool store here. But I don't need it ; )

You got this jo...just noticed Palmdale is that as in CA? If so been there many times as I lived in the Santa Clarita Valley for some time.

yessir, Palmdale CA. Recently moved up here from Long Beach since the houses were cheaper haha Oh Santa Clarita is nice, I pass by there all the time for work.

-jo

Just read through this for no other reason than to marvel at the open sharing here. We've had our pool up for almost two months now without any troubles thanks to the wisdom and methods shared on this site. Just wanted to say a big thank you from me to all of you - newcomers and old salts (or would that be SWGs?).

We're definitely in the right place jo. We're packing for vacation but when we get home I'm heading to the TFP Supporter page.....this IS my pool store - I don't know if we even have a real pool store here. But I don't need it ; )

seriously, I never thought I would learn so much about pools coming here. This group has helped out a lot and makes not want to visit my local pool store anymore. Lol

-jo

Before I left the state for work the pool read
FC:3
TC:3
CC:0
CYA:30
TA:90
pH:7.4
CH:120

i told my wife how much more of the cya n chlorine to put to make the levels be at least 6-7 and 50cya.

Thats about all the updates so far

-jo

Oh oh that is correct. It is equivalent to the K2005 seeing as it doesn’t have the FAS/DPD test, D’oh. As of today the pool will be draining and hopefully it will be setup by this weekend.

True that was one thing I had trouble with was the CYA test. At the store it was always low and when I did it myself it seemed high. I don’t like the tube with black dot for the test. Some times I can see the dot better in different spots, NOT LIGHTING, so that’s why I went with the higher end until the second test. Today I actually went to the pool store and they gave me a reading of 40CYA. :confused:

But as of today we are draining the pool and gonna end up cleaning and starting over. Rather pay the water bill then continue to be fooled be the pool store.

Now that I found this site, hopefully can same my wallet and pool.

-jo

You can buy just the reagants for the FAS/DPD test instead of buying a whole kit. you basically need R-0870 and R-0871 and [FONT=&quot]R-0003 For CC test[/FONT]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.