New AGP Install (Hampshire, IL) Started April 2016

That is sad you had to undo all of the work you had done. It sounds like things might be looking up now though.

That is a LOT of wood! You are going to be sore just unloading it!

What are you going to put down around the bottom of the pool? I suggest you put stepping stones or such under the skimmer and returns just in case they bust or come off/out somehow. You do NOT want a wash out :(

Kim:cat:
We are planning for pea gravel under the whole deck and around the pool for drainage.

Yesterday was a long day. I hate having to do things multiple times and if they would provide quality instructions this all could have been avoided! Ready to start swimming in my TFP pool!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lower deck is all framed! It was in the 90s today so the pool was looking good until I put the winter cover on to keep construction junk out of my water. Pool deck will be framed up tomorrow! Busy weekend ready to start swimming!!

NO WAY! You did ALL of that in ONE day?? I see two people in the picture so with the picture taker that makes 3 BUT that is a LOT of work for one day! Bet you are sore today! Good work!

Even with the peagravel I would still put something more solid under the skimmer area for when the pool water gets high and overflows the skimmer basket. I have pavers under mine that are slightly sloped away from the pool. Just an idea to think about.

NO WAY! You did ALL of that in ONE day?? I see two people in the picture so with the picture taker that makes 3 BUT that is a LOT of work for one day! Bet you are sore today! Good work!

Even with the peagravel I would still put something more solid under the skimmer area for when the pool water gets high and overflows the skimmer basket. I have pavers under mine that are slightly sloped away from the pool. Just an idea to think about.

Lol there is no way I could have done all that alone! I have two carpenters helping with the deck :) We want to start swimming! I will be grabbing pavers today, thanks for the tip!! Back to work now.... More pictures later!

We made great progress on the upper pool deck yesterday! Things are coming along nicely!!

Few questions for the TFP crew. I am getting my filter hooked up this afternoon and running. Water has been in the pool since Friday and is currently at 8600 GAL. I added one gallon of 6% bleach Friday and then covered on Saturday to keep the "construction junk" out of my clean water. I am going to finish filling after the plumbing is done.

Can I run everything with the winter cover on?

Also I have the CYA in my garage so I will do the pool math to get the calculation on that amount. Do I add that today and then start adding other stuff tomorrow? The only test I have done was PH and it was 7.6.

Just want to make sure I do everything in the right order. Also I will not have my electrical service done until this coming weekend so I am going to run the pump/filter only and then run the SWG when I get my service pulled. So should I wait to add the salt?

Thank you in advance for the help! Here are some pictures of the upper deck progress!!

Pool deck will extend 3.5ft around the full outside of the pool. We will also have a larger pool deck area that is around 14ft on the upper deck. My contractor is also going to help me make some storage areas in the upper deck between the joists so we can store hoses and pool toys under the decking.

Kimkats,

I was thinking something like this or maybe even Chicken Wire between the joists to make a basket that will drain. Yes this deck is much bigger when you are building it... In the drawings I was concerned we might not have enough room... Not the case for sure!

Few questions for the TFP crew. I am getting my filter hooked up this afternoon and running. Water has been in the pool since Friday and is currently at 8600 GAL. I added one gallon of 6% bleach Friday and then covered on Saturday to keep the "construction junk" out of my clean water. I am going to finish filling after the plumbing is done.

Can I run everything with the winter cover on? Yes, this will help cut down on your FC losses from the sun until your CYA gets added. Just keep an eye on gauge pressure since you won't be able to easily see the skimming sucking and returns blowing.

Also I have the CYA in my garage so I will do the pool math to get the calculation on that amount. Do I add that today and then start adding other stuff tomorrow? Add enough CYA to get to 75% of your target. There's no risk of the new water having CYA in it and you probably know the exact pool volume, but it is better to be a little low than high. Remember it can take up to a week for the CYA to register on the tests, but most folks see it within a few days. Water temp should be at least 70 degrees (only applicable to CYA test, no others affected by temp). The only test I have done was PH and it was 7.6. That's good. Keep adding a little bleach everyday. I would also be ready to test TA before your SWG is running to give you time to lower it if necessary.

Just want to make sure I do everything in the right order. Also I will not have my electrical service done until this coming weekend so I am going to run the pump/filter only and then run the SWG when I get my service pulled. So should I wait to add the salt? You can add salt at any time, it's usually recommended to bring this up in steps (target 75% first) then wait to add the rest once your SWG is on so you can reference its reading as well. The SWG's reading can be different than other test means and at the end of the day the SWG needs to be happy so use that as the final reading. Frequent brushing is recommended when adding salt too.

Thank you in advance for the help! Here are some pictures of the upper deck progress!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Can I run everything with the winter cover on? Yes, this will help cut down on your FC losses from the sun until your CYA gets added. Just keep an eye on gauge pressure since you won't be able to easily see the skimming sucking and returns blowing.

Also I have the CYA in my garage so I will do the pool math to get the calculation on that amount. Do I add that today and then start adding other stuff tomorrow? Add enough CYA to get to 75% of your target. There's no risk of the new water having CYA in it and you probably know the exact pool volume, but it is better to be a little low than high. Remember it can take up to a week for the CYA to register on the tests, but most folks see it within a few days. Water temp should be at least 70 degrees (only applicable to CYA test, no others affected by temp). The only test I have done was PH and it was 7.6. That's good. Keep adding a little bleach everyday. I would also be ready to test TA before your SWG is running to give you time to lower it if necessary.

Just want to make sure I do everything in the right order. Also I will not have my electrical service done until this coming weekend so I am going to run the pump/filter only and then run the SWG when I get my service pulled. So should I wait to add the salt? You can add salt at any time, it's usually recommended to bring this up in steps (target 75% first) then wait to add the rest once your SWG is on so you can reference its reading as well. The SWG's reading can be different than other test means and at the end of the day the SWG needs to be happy so use that as the final reading. Frequent brushing is recommended when adding salt too.

Pool Tool,

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Got the filter / pump set this afternoon. Also got some of the plumbing and electrical work done. Two trips to the hardware store and still short a few parts. Oh well back at it tomorrow! Coming together just like I wanted though.

WOW! I love how the equipment is tucked behind everything aesthetically. Operationally I like looking at it just I know water isn't shooting out of it, but i really like your setup. And any time you have to do a panoramic shot to capture ALL the deck is a good thing!

SWG today right??

Pool Tool,

SWG should be up and running by tomorrow. My electrician is coming to do all of the inside work with me tomorrow morning. Pump is running on a 12AWG extension cord at the moment. Things are coming together as planned. Hoping to get my small leaks worked out but I am glad I put all of the shutoff valves on because it has made this whole process of fixing the pumping much easier! I will post some more pictures this weekend! Hoping to be able to jump in a bit on Sunday!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.