New Above Ground Pool

I am now north of Dallas in Frisco.

However, I grew up in Tomball. Very familiar with the area... This was back when there was only 1 high school... now I think they have 2.....

We lived off 2920 near Rose Hill.. Right around D&D feed and supply.

Another consideration on chlorine tabs, I used them for years and our eyes burned badly in the water due to a very low PH level. The tabs are highly acidic and makes maintaining a balance PH level pretty difficult. I switched to liquid chlorine a few years ago after being forced to drain the pool and am now on salt and the water has been much more comfortable.

Reactions: justinc
I buy liquid chlorine by the cases for the season. I store mine in the basement which is cool and dark. Whatever is left over in the fall I use for my white laundry. LOL I just have to remember its 10% and not 6%. I usually buy upwards of 30 cases in early May.

I buy liquid chlorine by the cases for the season. I store mine in the basement which is cool and dark. Whatever is left over in the fall I use for my white laundry. LOL I just have to remember its 10% and not 6%. I usually buy upwards of 30 cases in early May.
I wish I had a basement!! In this part of the country it's not common at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CSI is low because of your pH and very low CH of 70ppm. BUT, you have a vinyl pool so a negative CSI is perfectly acceptable. I wouldn’t let CH get any lower since it could lead to foaming if the water. No need to have more than 100ppm CH in your pool. Don’t add CH unless the CH continues to drop.
Are you filling the pool with rain water or through a softener?

CSI is low because of your pH and very low CH of 70ppm. BUT, you have a vinyl pool so a negative CSI is perfectly acceptable. I wouldn’t let CH get any lower since it could lead to foaming if the water. No need to have more than 100ppm CH in your pool. Don’t add CH unless the CH continues to drop.
Are you filling the pool with rain water or through a softener?

It has been raining alot here I had to drain some today

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.