Jejunum

Sep 9, 2021
Tucson az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is definitely a new (in the past weeks) sound on my relatively new pump. The sound only happens at low rpm (500). It goes away at 750 rpm. only concerned because it's a new sound Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edit sorry still trying to figure out how to add audio, MP4 file m4a file hopefully attached now

What are you accomplishing by running your pump at 500 or 750 rpm? I doubt you get any skimming, cleaning, or SWG generation at those speeds.

What are you accomplishing by running your pump at 500 or 750 rpm? I doubt you get any skimming, cleaning, or SWG generation at those speeds.
I assume I'm getting some movement. The (calculated) flow rate is 20 gpm so I assume I'm getting some cleaning and mixing. No swg and no skimming...it's a covered pool so I have minimal floating debris. It only runs at the low rpm during peak electricity hours. And runs at moderate rpms during super off peak.

What model number IntelliFlo pump do you have?

Not sure to be honest. Says 3.95 hp intelliflo vsf. Can you tell me where to look

Attachments

• PXL_20230315_060318719.jpg
    PXL_20230315_060318719.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230315_060346945.jpg
    PXL_20230315_060346945.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 10
Look at the labels on the front or side of the wet end, not the motor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't know what the sound is but mine started making a high pitch squeal noise at lower RPM's. I believe it was the slinger washer squealing. I sprayed some silicone spray up into that area and it quit.

--Jeff

Reactions: Jejunum
IntelliFlo VSF 011056
Thanks. Now I know!
I don't know what the sound is but mine started making a high pitch squeal noise at lower RPM's. I believe it was the slinger washer squealing. I sprayed some silicone spray up into that area and it quit.

--Jeff
Any chance you could tell me how to do that? Thanks

PXL_20230315_060318719.jpg

On the underside of the motor, in the general location that the arrow is pointing, is an opening. Get some sort of silicone lubricant and spray it up in there. Don't stick your fingers up in there if the pump is running.

Looking at the parts breakdown it doesn't appear that there is a slinger washer on the shaft.

1678901749138.png

I don't recall now if I had one there or not when I replaced the seal last summer. All I know is I sprayed some silicone lubricant up there and it quit squealing.

--Jeff

Reactions: Jejunum
View attachment 477324

On the underside of the motor, in the general location that the arrow is pointing, is an opening. Get some sort of silicone lubricant and spray it up in there. Don't stick your fingers up in there if the pump is running.

Looking at the parts breakdown it doesn't appear that there is a slinger washer on the shaft.

View attachment 477325

I don't recall now if I had one there or not when I replaced the seal last summer. All I know is I sprayed some silicone lubricant up there and it quit squealing.

--Jeff
I can't find a seam....

Attachments

• PXL_20230316_165400999.jpg
    PXL_20230316_165400999.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.