Bwdonohues58

Gold Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 22, 2019
Homer, AK
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm a new member. My life partner, Anette, is a Physical Therapist here in Homer, AK. She now "rents" time at a local health club in Homer for $165.00 per hour to provide aquatic PT. She also rents another building to hold exercise classes. So I have decided to build her a new indoor pool. It will be in a stand-alone building with space around the pool for classes, exercises, etc. An architect is drawing up the plans. I attended a class to become a pool operator (CPO) in February. The pool will be 16' by 26' and will be around 4' deep. actually, 3 1/2' at the shallow end and 4' at the deep end. PT pools are warmer than the ones where people swim laps. It will be around 90-95 degrees. I am going to try to keep the chlorine levels as low as State law permits. I plan to incorporate a Clear Comfort AOP system as well as a UV system for disinfection. I know, overkill. The pool room will have a Seresco DH unit and some windows with a coating like dark glasses to keep out UV light. I want to use a Stenner 15 gallon setup with an adjustable pump to pump in liquid chlorine as needed. I am hopeful that I can keep the chlorine level to 1 PPM and still pass the tests. Go ahead, call me irresponsible, but I have some good advice on this, Swimming Pool Steve (Goodall). I want to put in a pool cover too but don't know which one to get as yet. I'm looking at the one from Covers in Play. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!
Commercial pools are primarily out of the realm of this forum but we will provide guidance if you ask.
Most municipalities have standards for pool water chemistry in commercial pools. So you must follow that.
If you are able to have CYA, it is strongly suggested to have at least 20 ppm in the water as it make the water far less harsh. With your systems, if commercially rated, you should be able to run a FC of about 1-2 ppm. Will take using an automated system to attain that. Probably ORP so plan on the costs to maintain that.
Have no idea who the person you stated is, not related to this forum.
Good luck.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.