Northlake TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So my next door neighbor just had a pool built (yes he used my builder) which is awesome. I have discussed TFPC with him from time to time as his pool was being built. He finally said he thinks its best to have a pool service so Im like ok. Thats a personal choice and I get it but what I don't get is that he runs his ledge bubblers constantly. I asked about his pH and he said he thinks its fine but would ask the "pool person" next time they came over. That was 2 weeks ago and no response yet he runs those bubblers all day everyday...

Seems odd to me...I will wait!

That's like a side benefit of going to Hades and not having to wear a sweater!

So my next door neighbor just had a pool built (yes he used my builder) which is awesome. I have discussed TFPC with him from time to time as his pool was being built. He finally said he thinks its best to have a pool service so Im like ok. Thats a personal choice and I get it but what I don't get is that he runs his ledge bubblers constantly. I asked about his pH and he said he thinks its fine but would ask the "pool person" next time they came over. That was 2 weeks ago and no response yet he runs those bubblers all day everyday...

Seems odd to me...I will wait!

cliff u got to build a pool house down the side of ur yard like i did. i can't see my neighbors non TFP water anymore! lol

Swipe a jar of water from his pool and run your TF-100 tests on it just for grins. If it is a new pool his CYA still looks good. In a year or so he will have sky high CYA and start battling algae.

My PB has done most of the pools in our young neighborhood and there is a pool person who does the pool cleaning (except mine). She is in and out in 10 min and who knows what she charges. So I asked if she would just be willing to do a backwash 2-3 times a year when she is in the area. We agreed on $20 and I dont have to worry about it, Long story short she does my backwash and the next day I have DE powder all over the bottom of my pool! I txt her and she says well then you probably need a full filter clean or I have a bad filter that needs replacing...

I told her to forget about coming back and I got in the pool and vacuumed out the powder....these folks are in for some big trouble in a year!

My PB has done most of the pools in our young neighborhood and there is a pool person who does the pool cleaning (except mine). She is in and out in 10 min and who knows what she charges. So I asked if she would just be willing to do a backwash 2-3 times a year when she is in the area. We agreed on $20 and I dont have to worry about it, Long story short she does my backwash and the next day I have DE powder all over the bottom of my pool! I txt her and she says well then you probably need a full filter clean or I have a bad filter that needs replacing...

I told her to forget about coming back and I got in the pool and vacuumed out the powder....these folks are in for some big trouble in a year!

That’s what I would expect for 20bux..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.