Need your thoughts on a 2008 Hot Spring Vista Spa

The reason you are not getting anything on h1 and h2 is because you are not supposed to.

If it's wired according to the diagram
H1 is phase 1 of the 20 amp breaker and h2 is phase 1 of the 30 amp breaker. Put a meter on those and you will get nothing except continuity.

Just so I understand, measuring voltage across H1 to H2 should show nothing? Or are you saying that checking each one individually to a ground should get nothing?

Checked a few things today.

H1 to H3 gave 114.3v
H2 to H4 gave 114.5v
H5 to all other terminals gave 120v
Circulating pump is running.
Topped off the water

I checked voltages across the bottom of both breakers and got 246v on each breaker.

Here's a close up of the heater relay and the breaker box.

IMG_5282.JPG

IMG_5257.JPG

When I power up the spa the "LIM OK" and the "Control Unplugged" light come on as well as a red light in the center of the board. The red light and the "Control Unplugged" turn off immediately and only the "Lim ok" light stays on. The "HTR ON" light never blinks or comes on.

I dont believe its locked, that was one of the first things I tried. The Lock symbol isn't on.

lights.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If nobody else has any ideas, I would call tech support. They might be able to tell you if it's a board or controller problem.

Did you check any/all fuses?

How did you check them?

The only fuse I saw was the circulation fuse, since it was running fine I didn't mess with it but I'll pop it out tomorrow and test it to make sure. I think I'll pull the relay board out so I can inspect the back side of it as well.

Think I found an error.

Checked a few things today.

H1 to H3 gave 114.3v
H2 to H4 gave 114.5v
H5 to all other terminals gave 120v
Circulating pump is running.
Topped off the water

I checked voltages across the bottom of both breakers and got 246v on each breaker.

Just looking over this and I think I did this wrong. I checked from the "H" terminal like you posted.

You posted:

You should have 230v from h1 to H3,
230v from h2 to h4, and
120v from H5 to all the other h terminals

I believe it should have been:

1 to 3 should be 230v
2 to 4 should be 230v
5 to all other terminals should be 120v

The voltages should be whats coming straight from the breakers and if so then my input voltage at the board is correct. This leaves me with the problem of having no output voltages on H1 and H2. I'll pull the board tomorrow and look for signs of failure. I'm not giving up yet.

Yesterdays results.

1 to 3 was 246v
2 to 4 was 246v
5 to all other terminals was 120v

H1 to H2 nothing
H1 to GND nothing
H2 to GND nothing

Circulation Fuse checked for continuity and it was good.

Pulled the heater relay board and the back of it looked fine.

When I turned the power back on, the control panel displayed 80 degrees and "Set Temp". Since the buttons do nothing it times out and goes away.

IMG_5293.jpeg

So, all your voltages are correct.
Maybe the control is no good. I would definitely call tech support and see what they say. Sometimes you get lucky and get somebody who really knows their product and is helpful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.