Need your thoughts on a 2008 Hot Spring Vista Spa

Do you know if H1 and H2 would have voltage all the time or just when the heater is being called on. I see that the control panel is separate from the control board behind it. I'm wondering at this point if one of those is faulty. That would explain the buttons not working and maybe the heater is not being requested so its not on. If I cool the water down below 80 maybe it would turn on. I may try this to eliminate a heater problem. If it is the control panel or the board behind it I'll have to remove part of the deck to get to it. Not looking forward to that.

I'll try to call tech support asap.

Good news and bad news. It took me two days to get the temp below 80. I replaced 1 ft of hot water with cold water and then left the cover off. Water got down to 75 degrees. I turned the spa back on and the heater light came on. Checked H1 and H2 and got 246v. That's the good news. Bad news is now I'll have to take the deck apart to get to the control panel. I wont have time for that for a week or two. Need to get moved in first.

My plan is to remove a section of the deck and test the panel. If its bad I'll replace it and hopefully get the heat back up to 100 so I can clean the tub with Ahh-Some. I'll then drain it and pull the tub from the deck. Then I'll rebuild the deck so the tub sits on top of it and not in it. Hoping I get to enjoy this tub someday!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.