Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Hi Everyone,

I just replaced the motor on my pump with a 1HP 2 Speed BN37V1 motor. I have the correct switch/end cover assembly and wired everything up this weekend. With lots of excitement looking forward to the benefits of 2 speeds, I turned it on to "Lo" on the switch but its definitely in "Hi" mode, subsequently when I switch it to "Hi" on the switch it runs in what I believe is "Lo" mode for a few seconds and then stops spinning. All of my excitement turns to frustration as I started to troubleshoot.

I am thinking it must be the wiring, so I double checked everything per the diagrams on the pump and switch as well as reviewed this post: How to wire up 115v 2 speed 1 hp A.O. Smith motor

After checking all of that, removing and reinstalling all of the connections, double checking again, I believe I have everything correct but it must be wrong because nothing has changed in how the motor is operating.

I am hoping the pump/electrical gurus here can help me get this thing going correctly. I have some pics attached of the wiring so you can see what I have done.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance with this.

Attachments

• Pump_wires.jpg
    Pump_wires.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Pump_cover.jpg
    Pump_cover.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Pump_dia.jpg
    Pump_dia.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I solved the problem. 1. wires crossed from the switch re: Lo speed wire going to the high speed terminal and Hi speed wire going to the low speed terminal. Switched them and all is good. 2. To resolve the low speed only working for a short time issue: I saw from on YouTube that the metal thing with the springs on the end of the motor shaft has a piece with pivot points on each side. The piece on mine was out of one of the pivot points and binding/not moving easily. I took a screwdriver and popped it into place and it worked.

Thanks for letting me air this out and thinking it through a little further.

Last edited:
This switch looks like it is wired backwards.

pump_cover-jpg.326609

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.