Need to raise ch and slam

Your pH probably isn't too off so not much worry. As for the FC it would actually be better for you to keep it up there if you are having kids in the pool. Your high CYA makes that FC level plenty safe and with a large group you will want it to be within the pool calculator range (11-17) or possibly a touch higher. Don't dose any polyquat between now and then either, it could react with the chlorine and cause some CCs. With your FC in range you don't need it anyway, it may be time to stop using it and keep your FC above 11.

I know, when you are new to BBB the thought of having people swim in a pool with that much chlorine is mind boggling. I can only assure you that with the CYA where it is you can have a 17 FC, yet may be asked if you stopped using chlorine altogether.

Had rain, lots of swimmers, which overflowed pool and replenished water. Test results today
FC 12
cc.2
PH cant test due to high fc
TA 90
CH 290
Cya 120 doing the 50/50 water test

Water looks great FC has only dropped 6 ppm over the last 3 days after slam. I did get complaints that water burned eyes and itchy skin. Am I correct in assuming this has to do with the PH level? Prior to beginning the slam process, my PH was 7. Does PH raise during the slam process? I also have two water features, one runs the entire time pump is running, and the other runs one hour per day. My TA has dropped from 125 to 90 over the past 5 days. I also still have the terrible white line around water line. I used a 50/50 mix of MA and water. Scrub with stiff brush. Did nothing.[attachment=1:2i0r9sn6]photo65.jpg[/attachment:2i0r9sn6][attachment=0:2i0r9sn6]photo62.jpg[/attachment:2i0r9sn6]

Attachments

• photo65.jpg
    photo65.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 26
  • photo62.jpg
    photo62.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 26
dkbrat said:
I did get complaints that water burned eyes and itchy skin. Am I correct in assuming this has to do with the PH level? Prior to beginning the slam process, my PH was 7. Does PH raise during the slam process?
It probably will rise some, but if it was that low I would say low pH is a very likely, and common, source of itchy skin and burning eyes. Let the FC drop just enough to test, then bring your pH in line and raise your FC back up. That should solve those problems.

I can't comment on the tile, but someone with more experience will probably jump in and hopefully help you get that taken care of!

IT IS RAINING!!!!!!!!!!! I DRAINED POOL 3 INCHES BEFORE. MORE RAIN TOMORROW WILL DRAIN ADDITIONAL 3 INCHES!!In my quest to lower the CYA I may be getting closer. BTW, I got a nasty note on my water bill that went up $250 from the previous drain that water restrictions are in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.