Need to find an equipment repair person to fix muriatic pump, ozone, & intelli chem

Apr 22, 2010
Prosper, Texas
Need to find an equipment repair person to fix muriatic pump, ozone, & intelli chem

I called about 5-10 pool companies including 2 Leslie pools, looking for somebody to fix my muriatic acid pump, now I think my Ultra Pure Ozone needs maintenance, and my intelli chem messages are starting to disappear. The last pool person who fixed the cleaner, suggested I turn off all the extras, because he didn't know how to fix muriatic acid pump and ozone.

Problem is my pool eats muriatic acid like two dumps a week (PH today was over 8.2+ (Taylor kit) and I just dumped in muriatic acid on Saturday. The muriatic acid issues baffles pool people, so I just want to get the pump working again. I do have a slight algae problem, especially in the spa. I can't seem to hold chlorine long using bleach (its been hot), (1 bottle bleach 2x week) 1-2 pucks as needed to get CYA up. I looked at the ozone generator and the ball was at the bottom, turned the ozone back on, the ball is now in the middle, but I need it checked, last pool person said it didn't work? and now the Intelli chem messages are disappearing. I think sensors need changed?

I am in North Dallas any muriatic acid pump, ozone, and Intelli chem pool repair people recommendations??? (the original pool builder went out of business)

Pool is clear, minor algae noticed in spa area (but FC low today) .

Thanks

FC 1 . (low-I added 1 bottle of bleach)
CC-forgot to check today
PH 8.2+
TA-I forgot to take this measurement today, but its been on the low side.
CYA 80 (higher than I like but I just added pucks last week to raise it)
CH 450 (its usually higher so this is good)

Re: Need to find an equipment repair person to fix muriatic pump, ozone, & intelli c

The ozone is not really doing anything helpful and is in fact consuming your FC.

I would forget about fixing the acid pump for now and focus on getting control of your pool.
Post up the TA result
Lower the pH into the lower 7s and then follow the SLAM Process process to eradicate whatever is living in your water.

1 bottle of bleach 2x a week is no where near enough chlorine to keep the FC above the minimum for you CYA level at all times, see the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.