Need new solar cover for irregular shaped pool

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
My plan is to get 2 rectangles to cut/fit to my irregular shaped pool. Probably from Sun2Solar. My gut tells me to get the cheapest ones (800 series - 8 mil) as they typically don't last more than a couple of years at most anyways. Does anyone have any reasons why I should get the more expensive ones (1200/1600 series)? Also, I am thinking the 800 series would retain as much heat overnight as the 1600......is this a correct assumption?

I will not use a reel (don't want to buy 2). So I will just pull it off and store it in my pool shed when it's not in the pool. This should help with longevity as it will be out of the sun.

Any thoughts on my assumptions would be much appreciated.

My plan is to get 2 rectangles to cut/fit to my irregular shaped pool. Probably from Sun2Solar. My gut tells me to get the cheapest ones (800 series - 8 mil) as they typically don't last more than a couple of years at most anyways.
Trust your gut.
Does anyone have any reasons why I should get the more expensive ones (1200/1600 series)?
Only if you fancy paying more.
Also, I am thinking the 800 series would retain as much heat overnight as the 1600......is this a correct assumption?
It will because 70% of the heat loss is evaporation. Both do a fine job with that. The 800 fits the bill.

Reactions: run53
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.