Mar 24, 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My head is swimming, y'all...
I have been reading and researching and watching videos, and now I'm definitely suffering from information overload!
I have had a Kreepy Krauly suction cleaner for >10 years and I'm ready to go robotic, but I'm having trouble deciding which model I should buy. I have narrowed it down to brand: I only want a Maytronics Dolphin. However, the price difference between the Dolphin Active 20 and the Active 30 seems huge, while the features don't appear to be all that different. My pool is a recently-resurfaced, in-ground gunite (2 months ago) and about 13k gallons.
Please tell me what you like about the Active 20, Active 30, and Active 30i as well as what you don't like... I appreciate any and all advice!

I have the Active 20. I did not need a caddy to store it on as I have a huge garage to store it. I did not need the bluetooth or other bells and whistles. My pool is pretty small so a normal run gets it clean.

If you do get the Active 20 and plan to buy through Marina Pool Spa, ask for the dual filter. They will include it free. Uses both the mesh and pleated filters in one.

I also have an Active 20 and didn't need a caddy (shed next to pool). A longer run time would be nice for our larger pool but not worth paying for. I can press the button again to run twice if needed.

Reactions: PopcornGirl2
I've got the S200/Active20 and its fine for my needs and purposes. All I'm missing by not having an Active 30/300 is a bluetooth which doesn't apparently work all that great, and the ability for "fast" cleans of just the floor only.

I also don't need a caddy and don't want to pay more for a caddy.

Ahhh.... I completely missed the fact that the Active 20 doesn't come with a caddy. Sadly, I DO need a caddy because I have no storage options anywhere near my pool and my garage is rather cramped. :(
I love techy features but wasn't sure they were worth the $$$ to get them, but I may have to shell out anyway in order to get the caddy.

I think the caddy is like $100+ separately, not sure how much the delta is, but probably a better value to get the 30/300 (and a $50 vs. $25 rebate).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have the Active 30 - gets stuck on floor drains for about 45seconds each time, it eventually finds it way off.
Bluetooth is not all that great (Id rather manually clean than use it's bluetooth, would be faster).
The caddy is nice, not real durable but it's nice to have it.
Does great job on the water line scrubbing.

Yes, same caddy. I'd call Margaret at Marina Pool & Spa and have a chat with her. You have to buy over the phone, but many buy from them.

Bought one 4 years ago and got another one this year. My pool runs year round in the Dallas area. I replaced some parts on the first gen but decided it was time for a new one. This one is designed better. I use an inline leaf catcher and what a difference it's made this fall. Keeps most of the junk out of the pump basket.

I so much wanted to love the S300i. The basket and filters were easy access, but between the very intermittent Bluetooth connectivity ability and the poor cleaning on my curved deep end walls, I am sending it back. I will say that trying to get assistance from Maytronics was challenging. Pre-sales was easy. Post sales I called and explained my issue, sent an email describing with pictures and was told that they would have their tech team review and get back with me. I waited a day, nothing. Sent another email. Another day, nothing, i called and left a message. Another day, nothing. A total of four days and still no response. I will be returning mine within the 30 days and getting something I know that works - another Blue Diamond cleaner. No frills, and my last one went strong for 7 years before failing. I may give some time to the Polaris 9650iQ, but not much to read on that model that I can find.

I’m not sure why everyone loves Maytronics so much. I demo’d the s200 vs the Polaris p965iq. The Polaris did a much better job. I don’t have any connectivity issues with the Polaris. I went to 3 local pool stores and they all sold both makes of cleaners and the consensus was that Polaris was a much better option regarding warranty and reliability.

"Better" is capable of objective measurement. I've owned 2 Maytronics robots, both cleaned my pool well. I'm not entirely sure of how "better" enters into it for me. So my reason for being partial to Maytonics is that's what I've owned and I've been thoroughly satisfied. I have no feelings either way about other brands, but they sell and people like them.

I’m not sure why everyone loves Maytronics so much. I demo’d the s200 vs the Polaris p965iq. The Polaris did a much better job. I don’t have any connectivity issues with the Polaris. I went to 3 local pool stores and they all sold both makes of cleaners and the consensus was that Polaris was a much better option regarding warranty and reliability.
"Better" is capable of objective measurement. I've owned 2 Maytronics robots, both cleaned my pool well. I'm not entirely sure of how "better" enters into it for me. So my reason for being partial to Maytonics is that's what I've owned and I've been thoroughly satisfied. I have no feelings either way about other brands, but they sell and people like them.

On these two posts. I am in Geebot's shoes. I've only had a Dolphin. But, I do think sometimes a product gets a tailwind from positive reviews, which Dolphin's certainly have here. And although there is a similar product, perhaps equal to or better than the other, it doesn't get the traction for whatever reason. I'd create an owner's thread and share your positive experiences.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.