I’ll let you know later this morn. Yesterday I didn’t do anything with the pool but I was gone morning until night, long day. I’ll be able to go out and do some work today though.

@Charity1981 Hows the progress?
Here’s where we are!

FC was at 9 so I dumped 70 oz in.
The water is almost completely clear! It still looks like Crud, but I can clearly see the bottom, even when running vac. I cleaned out all leaves and ran the catfish until it died. I then was going to do the vac to the filter but for the life of me, I cannot get suction. So, until he is home, I will just continue to vac every 4 hours 😂
Big improvement since the last time I posted! And it’s better in person than in the pic. I will post an updated post later when it’s been swept out and brushed, hopefully it will still be somewhat clear.

Here’s where we are!

FC was at 9 so I dumped 70 oz in.
The water is almost completely clear! It still looks like Crud, but I can clearly see the bottom, even when running vac. I cleaned out all leaves and ran the catfish until it died. I then was going to do the vac to the filter but for the life of me, I cannot get suction. So, until he is home, I will just continue to vac every 4 hours 😂
Big improvement since the last time I posted! And it’s better in person than in the pic. I will post an updated post later when it’s been swept out and brushed, hopefully it will still be somewhat clear.
Side by side from 2 days ago to this morn

Attachments

• 6300CD36-BFBA-44A1-B608-9EFB48395764.jpeg
    6300CD36-BFBA-44A1-B608-9EFB48395764.jpeg
    413.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 7C16F743-A18E-4689-9E38-DE386B6B7079.jpeg
    7C16F743-A18E-4689-9E38-DE386B6B7079.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 21
Wow, great progress!!! Keep your FC up at 20, continue to SLAM! You got this!

I checked your logs. If you can check your FC every two hours and add chlorine to bring back to 20, SLAM will go much faster!

Reactions: Charity1981

I checked your logs. If you can check your FC every two hours and add chlorine to bring back to 20, SLAM will go much faster!
I’m planning on it! I don’t log every time, but I have been checking a lot. I’m just about out of 0871! Yesterday I didn’t even do a test. I almost went out after 10 when we slowed down but I was done in lol!

Welcome to your first step in the right direction! You are getting expert advise from the top dogs! We all have learned some important lessons the hard way. Until we found TFP we were at the mercy of the local expert at the pool store. First trip was well over $400 for product's we did not need. Had me treating a plaster pool! So much for the expert. Next step should be a good test kit, not the strip's . It will pay for it self in a matter of days. Study up on the 3 B's and keep your chin up! After hearing horror story's about pool up keep, we were concerned about what we bought into. 3 seasons later and the pool is a breeze to keep up with the help of these fine folks at TFP.
Keep asking and you'll get great advise and will be swimming in no time! Enjoy! :cool:
Yup!

So I managed to vacuum 3 times and then we just finished brushing and rinsing filter. It stirred up some but we can still see the bottom. We brushed towards the pump side so the goal tomorrow is to vac to waste.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool pics
Looking good! I had an algae bloom, FC was at 8, CYA 50, (oops, should have raised CL) went away for 2 days! Past 3 days I’ve Vacuumed, scrubbed walls and floors, moved and cleaned steps and cleaned under those. Back flushed to waste about 4 times! ( have a DE filter). SLAMMED, changed DE after. May need to reSLAM. With this heat and pool temp at 88°, it’s a battle! I’m not a chemist by a far cry but I’ve learned so much from the Experts. Things I have learned:
1. Don’t buy any chemicals from pool stores, except chlorine!
2. Get a good test kit.
3. Chlorine and time cure all algae! ( and brushing, cleaning filters…) SLAM works
4. Trust the Experts, they’ve done the work, the charts, PoolMath, etc are invaluable.
It will come together. Happy Swimming!

Sorry I haven’t had time to update, busy wk with school and sports! It is going great! It’s getting clearer everyday and this morning, not nearly as much yellow dust! Mainly just around the walls. I’ve been keeping up with FC the best I can this wk and light vacuuming but I think the two filters are really helping.

Attachments

• 943E42A6-A007-4542-9C1B-B60E66DD8DEE.jpeg
    943E42A6-A007-4542-9C1B-B60E66DD8DEE.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 5EEC9DFD-D985-412B-B5A2-4F2549B91516.jpeg
    5EEC9DFD-D985-412B-B5A2-4F2549B91516.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 7
Sorry I haven’t had time to update, busy wk with school and sports! It is going great! It’s getting clearer everyday and this morning, not nearly as much yellow dust! Mainly just around the walls. I’ve been keeping up with FC the best I can this wk and light vacuuming but I think the two filters are really helping.
Looking much better. I think, with the right monitoring, you will have a nice pool.

You might look into upgrading your filter next year. For a pool this size, my guess is your filter is undersized. Bigger filter will really help you.

As long as you can see the bottom, it is safe to swim up to SLAM FC level. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Looking much better. I think, with the right monitoring, you will have a nice pool.

You might look into upgrading your filter next year. For a pool this size, my guess is your filter is undersized. Bigger filter will really help you.

As long as you can see the bottom, it is safe to swim up to SLAM FC level. Enjoy!
We are definitely planning on it! Also adding a skimmer and robotic vac lol. I’ve had my fair share!

Looking good! I had an algae bloom, FC was at 8, CYA 50, (oops, should have raised CL) went away for 2 days! Past 3 days I’ve Vacuumed, scrubbed walls and floors, moved and cleaned steps and cleaned under those. Back flushed to waste about 4 times! ( have a DE filter). SLAMMED, changed DE after. May need to reSLAM. With this heat and pool temp at 88°, it’s a battle! I’m not a chemist by a far cry but I’ve learned so much from the Experts. Things I have learned:
1. Don’t buy any chemicals from pool stores, except chlorine!
2. Get a good test kit.
3. Chlorine and time cure all algae! ( and brushing, cleaning filters…) SLAM works
4. Trust the Experts, they’ve done the work, the charts, PoolMath, etc are invaluable.
It will come together. Happy Swimming!
It’s coming along! I’m out here vacuuming now, just taking a quick break.

So my water is finally clear! I’m going to do my overnight test this eve. If I pass, do I test anything else and let it come back down to normal levels?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.