And when I do vacuum, I can see the blue bottom much clearer but the more I do, the cloudier it gets. It seems like a fine dust has settled on the bottom. For vacuuming I use a catfish vacuum.
The more you do it, the faster it will clear.

Reactions: Charity1981
Do you have access to an "old skool" pool vacuum that is hooked up to your skimmer with a hose? The Catfish filter is not great at small particles. I have the slightly bigger version for spot cleaning. Vacuuming to filter will be better to get rid of the "dust".

The more you do it, the faster it will clear.
It’s charging now. I got maybe a 1/3 done. After this gets cleared up, I’m going to need recommendations on a vacuum to buy. We’ve had the catfish for years, but i replaced it with a new one at the beginning of Summer. I had no idea what would work with our pump so I just bought another one.

You need a pool vacuum hose:

And a Vacuum Head

You should be able to get these at your local pool store. Measure the distance from your skimmer to the furthest part of the pool, add 5-10 feet and that is the length of hose you need.

You pull the skimmer and close the valve to the pool main drain (100% skimmer). Attach the head to a pool pole and the vacuum hose to the vacuum head. Put the pole/head in the pool and now starting from the head end, push the hose under water to fill it up. While under water, put your hand on the open hose end and pull it out of the pool, making sure as little air goes into the hose as possible. Move it down into the open skimmer and push the end of the hose into the skimmer suction. You now have a "Standard - Old Skool" pool vacuum.

I used to clean apartment complex pools in the 1980's this way, as a lifeguard. It is work, but it sucks everything to filter.

You need a pool vacuum hose:

And a Vacuum Head

You should be able to get these at your local pool store. Measure the distance from your skimmer to the furthest part of the pool, add 5-10 feet and that is the length of hose you need.

You pull the skimmer and close the valve to the pool main drain (100% skimmer). Attach the head to a pool pole and the vacuum hose to the vacuum head. Put the pole/head in the pool and now starting from the head end, push the hose under water to fill it up. While under water, put your hand on the open hose end and pull it out of the pool, making sure as little air goes into the hose as possible. Move it down into the open skimmer and push the end of the hose into the skimmer suction. You now have a "Standard - Old Skool" pool vacuum.

I used to clean apartment complex pools in the 1980's this way, as a lifeguard. It is work, but it sucks everything to filter.
Thank you so much! I will def check it out the next time I’m in town. I’ve seen the head at menards but I always thought it wouldn’t help. Now can I use my sand filter with this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That pretty green looks like copper mixed with chlorine to me. Silver turns black. Iron turns brown. Magnesium turns purple. A combination of all will just turn it dark brown red. Copper can come from a well, copper piping, and algaecide. This color is different than algae green. It’s obvious from your filter you do have algae but that overall color is metal imho. Personally, I think it looks pretty but I might be wired different. Getting it out? That’s the hard part.

That pretty green looks like copper mixed with chlorine to me. Silver turns black. Iron turns brown. Magnesium turns purple. A combination of all will just turn it dark brown red. Copper can come from a well, copper piping, and algaecide. This color is different than algae green. It’s obvious from your filter you do have algae but that overall color is metal imho. Personally, I think it looks pretty but I might be wired different. Getting it out? That’s the hard part.
It’s more of a greenish yellow. I’ll take a pic shortly of pool now after I’ve vacuumed twice today. This is my last go around pic with the vacuum bag. Not a ton of color as from when I first posted.

Reactions: Selenap
It looks better in person. Today is the first day in quite awhile that it doesn’t look awful. 2nd pic is that way around the entire edge of pool. Going to try and vacuum that later

Attachments

• DB518F62-07B3-4791-AD3A-69846991BD85.jpeg
    DB518F62-07B3-4791-AD3A-69846991BD85.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 0CA751B1-2CAD-4ACD-8BB7-0D631D09A99D.jpeg
    0CA751B1-2CAD-4ACD-8BB7-0D631D09A99D.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Newdude
It looks better in person. Today is the first day in quite awhile that it doesn’t look awful. 2nd pic is that way around the entire edge of pool. Going to try and vacuum that later

It looks better in person. Today is the first day in quite awhile that it doesn’t look awful
When we are done with you, You will post ones here :

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.