Need Help with New Pool Please

Your going to start to enter the stagnant phase where you can easily keep your FC at or near shock level and your CC's will remain high. You will consistently FAIL the OCLT and it will get frustrating.

It's during this phase that you need to keep the pumps running, keep the filter clean and consider adding DE or cellulose to help the filtration along. The algae is dead or dying and so now your just cleaning up all the debris and dead algae guts (it helps to laugh maniacally at this point and say stupid phrases like "Death to Algae!" and "Die you algae scum!!" :) )

Keep it up, you're doing great. And, while you wait, ponder all the ways you'll use the empty bleach bottles to make obnoxious lawn sculpture that will make you the envy of the neighborhood.

And don't worry, the Dept of Homeland Security and the local sheriff's office have to investigate your bleach usage to ensure you're not operating a meth lab....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am conserving the reagent so will post CC numbers when the new bottle comes in. Our pump does run 24/7 today PSI was at 10. No time to vacuum today. We need to look into the DE for the sand pump. We have do have a lot of bleach bottles empty and some full ones from the last trip to Walmart. I have read on the forum on how people have used the empty bottles. Lawn ornaments did not cross my mind, but with Halloween upcoming there could be a future use. ��

Yeah, my first SLAM ate up all my chlorine reagent too. I bought a big 2oz bottle on Amazon with extra DPD powder and CC reagent. I'm about half way through my 2oz bottle so I'm going to re-order soon.

CC's are good to keep an eye on since they tell you when you're in crud burning stage versus the algae killing phase.

You can also use old bleach bottles as flower pots ;)

Use a photo-sharing service like Photobucket. You can upload pics to that and then copy & paste the image link information into a TFP post. That way you don't run into the attachment size limit.

Definitely wait for DE until we understand where your CCs are at. Backwashing the filter will help clear the water faster. Sounds to me like you're progressing nicely.

viewSharePicturePicker.sfly

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It took us all a while to figure it out but it's much better for the TFP servers this way. Less data volume to transfer over the internet for the TFP servers.

As for the before and after pics all I can say is .... YOU ARE A POOL WATER ROCKSTAR!!

Pool service guys only wish they were as AWESOME as you!!!!

Great job, keep at it and you'll be splashing around in sparkly water in no time ;)

I am feeling somewhat like a Rockstar. :)
Very glad the pool is still blue tonight. The robot only had a 3 leaves this am. Hardly any dirt.
Wasn't able to test again until tonight.
FC 10
Not a great #. But it was 13 hours later than this am and the sun was shining today so it could have been worse
Tonight Backwashed and added more bleach
Hoping my reagent comes tomorrow or Friday. Would like to know the CC but don't want to run out

Thanks again for the help

Cool!

Yeah, reagents are a pain and take forever to ship. Amazon has a lot of Taylor stuff listed, but it is often not "Sold by Amazon" so you're totally dependent on the sellers response time.

I've not ordered from TFTestKits before (same guy that owns this website owns the TFTestKits web store), but I've heard they are fast in shipping.

Keep up the great work and keep posting the pics, they make us all very happy.

Keep SLAMing

Dose again tonight when the sun goes down to get yourself to shock level. Let the pumps run for 30mins or so. Then test FC/CC. Record that result. Let the pumps run all night. Test again in the morning BEFORE sun up on the pool and see how much FC you lose.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.