Need help programming equipment

Instant salt is 3500 PPM but the salt reading in Default is 2700 and check system is low salt.

Default is an average right?
Default is an average, but you are getting a reading of 0000 or 0100 ppm sometimes, which will be included in the rolling average and it will cause the rolling average to be lower than actual.

For example, if the average is based on the last 5 instant salinity readings and the readings are 3,500 ppm, 3,500 ppm, 3,500 ppm, 3,500 ppm and 0000, then the average is 2,800 ppm.

Some sort of defect in the software or system, but I have never seen it happen like that before.

It will still work as long as the average is at 2,400 ppm, or above, but it will give a low salinity warning at 2,700 ppm.

Default is an average, but you are getting a reading of 0000 or 0100 ppm sometimes, which will be included in the rolling average and it will cause the rolling average to be lower than actual.

For example, if the average is based on the last 5 instant salinity readings and the readings are 3,500 ppm, 3,500 ppm, 3,500 ppm, 3,500 ppm and 0000, then the average is 2,800 ppm.

Some sort of defect in the software or system, but I have never seen it happen like that before.

It will still work as long as the average is at 2,400 ppm, or above, but it will give a low salinity warning at 2,700 ppm.
Ok that makes sense. I would assume that over a day or so the default avg reading will level out. I have salt test strips and I will try those and see what I get.

Reactions: JamesW
It should if you don't get any more readings of 0000 for the instant salinity.

If you continue to get instant salinity reading of 0000, it will cause problems if the average hits 2,400 ppm.
Well At least we solve something! LOL
Chlorinator is off cause percentage has been met (25%) and Instant salt is 0000PPM cause the cell is off.

Check system: low salt is gone. Default is at 3400 (sure this it changed because of the above)
Check system: Filter off Low flow is gone

In the timer, I did turned off the run time for the Filter pump low speed and I added more time to the high speed time. Since I do not have the filter wired for speed high and low yet. This made sense.

The solar has reached its temp and is off (no high speed needed) and the pump is quietly humming at 1350.

I will monitor it for the next few days and see if it holds.

Thanks again SO much for your time on a Saturday and really helping me get to the bottom of this.

Reactions: JamesW and shwn2405
They put additional salt in the pool a few weeks ago (3700) and now my chlorinator is reading high amps and shuts off.
It's possible that they added salt based on the average salinity reading which is somewhat understandable, but they should have done an independent test to make sure.
Chlorinator is off cause percentage has been met (25%) and Instant salt is 0000PPM cause the cell is off.
I don't think that it should be showing a zero reading for the instant salinity reading at any point and it should not not be averaging in the zero reading.

If the pump is off, does the system say "Flow" or "No Flow"?

Maybe the flow switch is stuck closed and the cell is working with no flow?

If that is what is happening, then it is very dangerous because the cell can explode due to a buildup of chlorine gas and hydrogen gas.

In an earlier picture there is a flow switch in the automation box, which is really odd.

Why is there a flow switch in the automation box?

Is there any chance that the service people somehow jumped or bypassed the flow switch?

It's possible that they added salt based on the average salinity reading which is somewhat understandable, but they should have done an independent test to make sure.

I don't think that it should be showing a zero reading for the instant salinity reading at any point and it should not not be averaging in the zero reading.

If the pump is off, does the system say "Flow" or "No Flow"?

Maybe the flow switch is stuck closed and the cell is working with no flow?

If that is what is happening, then it is very dangerous because the cell can explode due to a buildup of chlorine gas and hydrogen gas.

In an earlier picture there is a flow switch in the automation box, which is really odd.

Why is there a flow switch in the automation box?

Is there any chance that the service people somehow jumped or bypassed the flow switch?
Well just when I thought all is good. Now I can’t turn off the filter via the aqua logic. If I do it bumps up a speed. Under diagnostic the flow switch says flow.
The check system light came back on and it says it’s high salt and amps

I also just noticed that they put the new back up valve on the Polaris the wrong way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 0
Well just when I thought all is good. Now I can’t turn off the filter via the aqua logic. If I do it bumps up a speed. Under diagnostic the flow switch says flow.
The check system light came back on and it says it’s high salt and amps

I also just noticed that they put the new back up valve on the Polaris the wrong way.
I just had another thought. When I configure the cell I only get to choose two models, T-5 or T-15, what should I choose when I have a T-940??

Attachments

• 8712B9D6-7537-4EC8-BCD8-3FF7566008AF.jpeg
    8712B9D6-7537-4EC8-BCD8-3FF7566008AF.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 4
The 940 is the same as the T-15.

That's why it was saying high amps below 8.0 amps.

Part of the problem now is that we do not really know what relays are connected to the 4 pump programs.

If you can trace each wire from the red program plug on the Intellicomm to the relay, that would help us figure out what is happening.

Reactions: Janers77

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 940 is the same as the T-15.

That's why it was saying high amps below 8.0 amps.

Part of the problem now is that we do not really know what relays are connected to the 4 pump programs.

If you can trace each wire from the red program plug on the Intellicomm to the relay, that would help us figure out what is happening.
You are going to have to guide me

Attachments

• 0CFBFB46-AA91-4189-B6AC-C16034320212.jpeg
    0CFBFB46-AA91-4189-B6AC-C16034320212.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 5
  • CECCE020-E83F-4AD2-9913-0A49F0F0F848.jpeg
    CECCE020-E83F-4AD2-9913-0A49F0F0F848.jpeg
    527.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 74460DB3-021C-4B95-BDA4-A3EA03DFCB95.jpeg
    74460DB3-021C-4B95-BDA4-A3EA03DFCB95.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 5
Looks like program 2 goes into auxiliary 2

Then it looks like program one goes to the filter pump.

and program three and four look like they’re connected to a valve but I can’t see behind all the wires with valves

Ok, if relay 2 is the booster pump, I don't know why it would be connected to a pump program?

I would connect relay aux 5 to program 2 and then set aux 5 as pump low speed.

Program 3 or 4 might be connected to the solar, suction or return actuator power so that you can have a separate speed for solar or hot tub.

The valve power is 24 volts AC, which will activate a pump speed.

Ok, if relay 2 is the booster pump, I don't know why it would be connected to a pump program?

I would connect relay aux 5 to program 2 and then set aux 5 as pump low speed.

Program 3 or 4 might be connected to the solar, suction or return actuator power so that you can have a separate speed for solar or hot tub.

The valve power is 24 volts AC, which will activate a pump speed.
OK when I have the guy come out that truly knows what he’s doing I will give him these instructions to have him rewire it I don’t feel comfortable doing it myself.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.