Need help identifying spa nozzle (& tool needed)

jedigrover

Gold Supporter
Sep 13, 2010
Plano, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So, I spent part of my Father's Day messing about with the pool. My attached spa has 4 jets. They do not have a separate jet pump, this is just a standard old 1984 or 85 pool/spa combo. I've lived in the house 22 years. One of the 4 jets has always been weak, but after the big freeze in Feb. '21 I noticed that it had reverse flow. I suspected either the nozzle froze and broke, or there was some debris inside clogging it. Looks like it was the latter. I took the eyeballs off all my jets and had a look. They all look the same, but this one was definitely plugged with something white. PVC or a rock I don't know. I knocked it back into the jet body with a Philips screwdriver, but it clogged again when I tried to flush the lines. I definitely need to get the nozzle out (really would like to get them out of all the jets and really flush the lines well).

I was hoping to see a hex nut deep inside, that I could get a socket on. No such luck. These nozzles are about 6-8" in from the wall. It looks like they are threaded in (hard to know for sure), but use some kind of bi-pin tool to put them in and take them out.

I have no earthly idea what brand they are. My skimmers are old pre-Pentair SwimQuip U-3's, so maybe something from Swim-Quip? My pool's original equipment that was still present when I took possession in 2000 included a who's-who of companies that got bought by Pentair: Sta-Rite Nautilus filter, American lights and niches, Swim-Quip skimmers. All good stuff back in the day.

Anyone have any idea who made these or where I would find a tool to try very carefully to extract them? Photos attached are the best I can take.
I'm asking about the nozzles themselves that have the 2 round dimples. I have the tool to pull the eyeball seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 14
Thanks! I may have to send them a photo (& maybe try Inyo too), since I didn’t see anything that looks like a match.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.