vmirjamali

Jul 25, 2023
San Diego, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I have a ~24k-28k gallon pool with 2 return lines and then the main drain suction and skimmer suction line. It's an old Anthony pool from the 60's, and I've since upgraded to an intelliflo pump with pentair 420 ccp cartrdige filters. I have issues with CYA overtime due to pool maintenance using tablets exclusively year-round in sunny san diego. I do leave my pump on at 1000-1500 rpm 24/7. No suction side vacuums, I use a dolphin Nautilus cc plus. Just killed an algae infestation due to high cya/low chrlorine levels, and did a partial refill to get cya levels down to 60.

I'm trying to choose between a Circupool SWG as the cost of doing partial refills is adding up, as well as i'd like to lower my maint needs. Which is a better fit for my needs? The Edge40, Core 35/55, or the older gen rj45? Any other recommendations?

Also anything else I need to know about? I noticed swg prices are up 30-40% from a year or two ago.. do you guys forsee the prices going up further? There is a sale at discount salt pool via an upgrade as well ending on the 8th.. will that come back as it seems to be yearly?

Thanks!

'buy' the rJ45 and upgrade to the rj60. I would have gone 3x in NY any day of the week for cost/lifespan alone. Your season is much longer than mine and it's even more of a no brainer. (y)

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
There is a sale at discount salt pool via an upgrade as well ending on the 8th.. will that come back as it seems to be yearly?
I've never seen it not on sale...never ends.

The RJ 60 is a great choice.

My edge 40 lasted 2 1/2 years and quit and wasn’t over used.
I bought the Inyo Pureline salt system for a 60K pool onsale for $950
Did you get your money back for it through warranty? Or just dumped the system? How's the promised longevity of the inyo vs the circupools? Looking into them as well as warranty is only one year being the main downside.

Last edited:
Do you think in San Diego 3x is required vs 2x?
Not required, but it's a great value. For ~15% more cost, you get 55% more chlorine production (daily and lifetime). I didn't go RJ-60 but wish I did.

Did you get your money back for it through warranty? Or just dumped the system? How's the promised longevity of the inyo vs the circupools? Looking into them as well as warranty is only one year being the main downside.
Discount salt said they would sell me a new cell at a discount and charged my card but never shipped it. They later admitted it was a glitch in their system but wasn’t a pleasant experience. Still waiting on my Apple Card to close the case.
Just installed the Pureline about a month ago but so far very pleased. Have it down to 18% and FC is at 10 so it’s a beast. I don’t know how long it will last but have dealt with Inyo on other parts and had good luck.
The Pureline is a Hayward clone I think, made over seas like I suspect Circupool is also.
But I won’t own a non salt pool, worth every penny.

Do you think in San Diego 3x is required vs 2x?
It's all about lifespan. Upgrading a size costs 20%, but returns 100% more lifespan at 20k, and 50% more lifespan at 40k. None of it is 'required' but it's wallet friendly for future you.

Like I said, I'd go 3X in NY in a heartbeat. For you with 25k gallons, a 60k unit is only 2.4X and is worth every penny with a long season. They only make them so big for residential units.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Discount salt said they would sell me a new cell at a discount and charged my card but never shipped it. They later admitted it was a glitch in their system but wasn’t a pleasant experience. Still waiting on my Apple Card to close the case.
Just installed the Pureline about a month ago but so far very pleased. Have it down to 18% and FC is at 10 so it’s a beast. I don’t know how long it will last but have dealt with Inyo on other parts and had good luck.
The Pureline is a Hayward clone I think, made over seas like I suspect Circupool is also.
But I won’t own a non salt pool, worth every penny.
At a discount? Like 60-80% off as it's supposed to be warrantied for 7 years right? That sucks.

At a discount? Like 80% off as it's supposed to be warrantied for 7 years right? That sucks
Prorated warranties always sound awesome at purchase, and anything but at time if use. Lol.

But. My SWG had a 90 day warranty, so it whooped what I got. 🤷‍♂️

Prorated warranties always sound awesome at purchase, and anything but at time if use. Lol.

But. My SWG had a 90 day warranty, so it whooped what I got. 🤷‍♂️
Oh I'm aware.. lol. Just curious what the exact prorated amount ended up being after just 2.5/7 years prorated warranty. Sadly those have 2 years 100% warranty.

they offers sending it in and “ if “ approved would get 40% off or they would sell
Me one at 20% off and not ship it in.
He also said if it’s producing anything they probably won’t warranty it. Well
Mine was at 100% and was barely doing anything. Barely bubbling or producing.

But was going to cost me $490 with shipping and I got the Pureline 60k for $950.
What made me mad was I tried for 5 days to get an answer if they shipped it and 5 days later they said “ you never ordered it” even though they charged my card.
Had enough and say the into sale and
Pulled the trigger.

Wo
they offers sending it in and “ if “ approved would get 40% off or they would sell
Me one at 20% off and not ship it in.
He also said if it’s producing anything they probably won’t warranty it. Well
Mine was at 100% and was barely doing anything. Barely bubbling or producing.

But was going to cost me $490 with shipping and I got the Pureline 60k for $950.
What made me mad was I tried for 5 days to get an answer if they shipped it and 5 days later they said “ you never ordered it” even though they charged my card.
Had enough and say the into sale and
Pulled the trigger.
Wow that's just pathetic. So much for that.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.