Need help deciding between two different designs....

....but I'm out of space on this thread....maybe when we start building :)

Image attachment space is limited for non-supporters and is not based on thread-count.

If you wish to attach more pictures, you have two options -

1. Become a TFP supporter and you'll get more attachment space, extra goodies like online coupons at TFTestKits and InYoPools AND the good feeling that comes with supporting a non-profit entity that is dedicated to educating pool owners in how to care for their pools themselves.

2. Use a free photo hosting service like Photobucket and upload pictures there. Then simply cut and paste into any post you write the IMG code created with every photo you upload to Photobucket. TFP goes and fetches the image and displays it in your thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer geometric. I like auto covers, lap swimming and the classic look.

I think it also depends on your yard shape and what you can see from the windows.

Get some string and outline the proposed shape in your yard. Give yourself some time to decide as it's permanent.

I prefer geometric. I like auto covers, lap swimming and the classic look.

I think it also depends on your yard shape and what you can see from the windows.

Get some string and outline your yard. Give yourself some time to decide as it's permanent.

That is an awesome idea! But instead of string use water hoses or thick rope so it can be seen.

Kim:kim:

I like the first design of the second set. But I agree with those who says to lose the built in spa. If your upper deck is large enough, I would put a small stand alone hot tub there. It would be covered and you would use it a lot more. In lieu of the spa on the pool I would enlarge the sun shelf and put a small rock waterfall on the edge where the spa is now. I would also put in bar seats in the pool on front of the bar area. Maybe 3 of them. They really make a pool seem upscale and are easy to add.

So we finally made a decision and we are going with the free-form pool revised with more decking. My husband had a stronger preference for this pool over my preference for the other. He REALLY wanted to see some of the pool from the house. There were such great suggestions on this site. Some we can't due to our already busted budget, some we still have on our list of changes to discuss with PB (stairs, bar stools, etc), and some (like moving the attached spa) didn't work given the regional expectation (all pools in Texas I've seen have attached spas (if they do have a spa)). Again, thank you, thank you! I will start a new build thread with all the specs and I would love any and all suggestions!

Hello from NE Florida! Visually the rectangle pool is more pleasing to my symmetrical eyes but we went with a freeform pool as we like the fun backyard oasis feel especially with younger kids. ( I've seen some amazing rectangle pools on here though that almost made me change my mind though!) We also chose to do a I ground spa for the same reasons you and others have cited, convenience and visual appeal. I did look at a pool where the owner had a separate spa but they had it sunk in the ground and surrounded by pavers so it was physically separate but looked well put together.
And that leads me to a question about the Texas market, does anyone do pavers there like they do in Florida?
I hope you find a design that appeals to both you and your husband!

So we finally made a decision and we are going with the free-form pool revised with more decking. My husband had a stronger preference for this pool over my preference for the other. He REALLY wanted to see some of the pool from the house. There were such great suggestions on this site. Some we can't due to our already busted budget, some we still have on our list of changes to discuss with PB (stairs, bar stools, etc), and some (like moving the attached spa) didn't work given the regional expectation (all pools in Texas I've seen have attached spas (if they do have a spa)). Again, thank you, thank you! I will start a new build thread with all the specs and I would love any and all suggestions!

SWEET! Do you feel as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders?

Lets keep your build and everything about it here on this thread. That way the whole story will stay together. This first bit is as important as when you start to add water!

Kim:kim:

Hello from NE Florida! Visually the rectangle pool is more pleasing to my symmetrical eyes but we went with a freeform pool as we like the fun backyard oasis feel especially with younger kids. ( I've seen some amazing rectangle pools on here though that almost made me change my mind though!) We also chose to do a I ground spa for the same reasons you and others have cited, convenience and visual appeal. I did look at a pool where the owner had a separate spa but they had it sunk in the ground and surrounded by pavers so it was physically separate but looked well put together.
And that leads me to a question about the Texas market, does anyone do pavers there like they do in Florida?
I hope you find a design that appeals to both you and your husband!

Yes, pavers becoming more popular here in Texas. Seeing a lot of travertine. We did travertine and several friends have done concrete pavers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.