Need help! Brand New Above Ground Pool

Srh19

Jul 15, 2019
Oklahoma City
We are getting our brand new 30 foot above ground pool installed today and the installers just told us we would have to wait 2 weeks after it fills before swimming so the sand will set. This seems like a very long time to me. We initially thought it would only be 48 hours for it to set without us leaving footprints or ripples in the liner. I can’t find any information on this online. We’ve waited a whole month for this install date and I’m really hoping we can use it before two weeks. Does anyone know if 2 weeks is the correct amount of time to wait for the sand to set before swimming?

Hummmmmmmmmmmm I am not sure but I will tell you that I just had a new liner installed and they had to add quite a bit of new sand and smooth it out. As soon as the pool was FULL we were in the pool and did not have any problems as it was "set". BUT if you get in and cause some footy prints or such it will be on you after they said what they did so................it is up to you.

Reactions: Srh19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.