Need help: basic info before 1st build.

u305

May 23, 2020
Hollywood, FL
i'm new trying to figure out what i need/tell the PB to build. is their a basic check list for the equipment and what i should tell the PB? i've lived in florida my entire life never owned a pool. we are building a house and the builder has their own PB they use. i know its personal preference for the individual but what equipment should i start with for automation? reading this place theres so much. i know pentair is solid but what about jandy and heyward?

Welcome to the forum!
There is some light reading for the weekend! Take a look through them and ask questions. Be sure when you get your proposals you post them here - no prices or pool builder names.
Equipment manufacturers are pretty much the same. Some have advantages for certain items.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

thanks they were helpful. we are thinking about a 15x35 no spa depending on easements. sun table, with spot for umbrella and bubblers we want that off to the side with the steps. so we have the entire 15x35 to swim. we also want 4' to 6/6.5' with a long shallow end. also was thinking a long sitting shelf on the deep end. were im getting lost/stress on is the hardware side. i want to put in a good company system but dont want expensive repairs but also dont want crappy equipment either. automation i definitely want since everything is heading that way.

are there pool lights that wont bleed into each other? if i want half the pool one color and the other side different. pentair, jandy and heyward from what i read are all good but which one going to be the nicest and cleanest install? theres so much. thanks for the help if you can think of something i dont know and or forgot to mention please chime in.

are there pool lights that wont bleed into each other? if i want half the pool one color and the other side different.
I haven’t seen pool lights that can focus such that you won’t get some bleed over since water disperses light greatly, but if you put one light on each end of the 35’ you can get a nice effect with separate colors on each end and the blend in the middle.

To be able to control each light independently, you will need a transformer and a relay in your automation system for each light. Be sure your pool builder understands that is your desire.

the more i research lighting its taking me towards the heyward omnilogic. has the most color range compared to pentair and jandy. i know its something thats not a big deal but spending this kind of coin i want to beable to rep my college team colors for games. also seems like a lot is included with the omnilogic compared to the other two brands. correct me if im wrong please. being a newb my mind is everywhere

Hayward OmniLogic has the most confusing UI when compared to Pentair or Jandy.

OmniPL was just announced and is supposed to be an improvement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.