Need Help Attaching Pool Pump Motor

NewPoolLI

Jul 11, 2022
New York
Hello everyone,

I've decided to open the pool on my own this year. Last year, the maintenance professional I hired detached the pool pump motor, and now I'm a bit uncertain about where to reattach a few parts.
The model of the motor is C48K2N143B3. It's part of a 25,000-gallon vinyl pool setup that includes a sand filter and pool heater.
I have identified where the glass and pressure gauge should be attached (on the pool filter), and I also recognize that there's a blade-looking component that should be connected to the motor.
However, I have a few concerns that I need help with:
  1. I'm not sure where the cap goes. I noticed there's some grease underneath it.
  2. Where does the plastic black screw fit in?
  3. What about the rubber ring?
  4. And the hose clamp?
Moreover, I would appreciate any advice on the type of wrench I should use for this installation, as well as any recommendations for a particular type of grease that might make assembly easier.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I greatly appreciate your responses.

1684268909027.png

1684268937409.jpeg
1684268944512.jpeg1684268951964.jpeg
1684268960130.jpeg
1684268967151.jpeg

1684268981619.jpeg
1684268988900.jpeg

1684269028236.jpeg
1684269044493.jpeg

The black plastic screw looks like it goes to a drain hole. There are two drains on the bottom of the pump wet side.

The worm clamps are for connecting some plumbing and do not fit into the pump.

The O ring could go any number of places in your system but does not look like a size that fits in the pump.

The clear sight glass screws into the side of your filter under the MPV.

The pressure gauge screws into your filter.

It looks like you will need to install the diffuser on the impeller.
The large O-ring may be a worn diffuser ring/seal - is it the same diameter as the diffuser?

The black plastic screw with the hex head is either a pump drain plug or (at least on my old side mount MPV) goes in the side of the MPV. Although your top mount MPV probably has the pressure gauge there.
There is a matching screw in the pump volute in your pics.

Hello everyone,

I've decided to open the pool on my own this year. Last year, the maintenance professional I hired detached the pool pump motor, and now I'm a bit uncertain about where to reattach a few parts.
The model of the motor is C48K2N143B3. It's part of a 25,000-gallon vinyl pool setup that includes a sand filter and pool heater.
I have identified where the glass and pressure gauge should be attached (on the pool filter), and I also recognize that there's a blade-looking component that should be connected to the motor.
However, I have a few concerns that I need help with:
  1. I'm not sure where the cap goes. I noticed there's some grease underneath it.
  2. Where does the plastic black screw fit in?
  3. What about the rubber ring?
  4. And the hose clamp?
Moreover, I would appreciate any advice on the type of wrench I should use for this installation, as well as any recommendations for a particular type of grease that might make assembly easier.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I greatly appreciate your responses.

View attachment 492411

View attachment 492413
View attachment 492414View attachment 492415
View attachment 492416
View attachment 492417

View attachment 492421
View attachment 492422

View attachment 492423
View attachment 492424
Do you have pool solar. That cap looks like it would go at the bottom of the array and was removed to allow draining. The O ring below the gauge in first picture looks like it belongs on the diffuser that is in the pump basket. The diffuser has a "TOP" mark and will fit into the slots on the sealplate behind the impeller. Small plug likely threads into a port on the front of the pump basket.
Be sure to lube the square basket gasket. Your housing gasket (rubber band) is in place. Be sure to lube that before mounting the motor.

The black plastic screw looks like it goes to a drain hole. There are two drains on the bottom of the pump wet side.

The worm clamps are for connecting some plumbing and do not fit into the pump.

The O ring could go any number of places in your system but does not look like a size that fits in the pump.

The clear sight glass screws into the side of your filter under the MPV.

The pressure gauge screws into your filter.
Hi, thank you so much for the help. I got everything set up correctly.

It looks like you will need to install the diffuser on the impeller.
The large O-ring may be a worn diffuser ring/seal - is it the same diameter as the diffuser?

The black plastic screw with the hex head is either a pump drain plug or (at least on my old side mount MPV) goes in the side of the MPV. Although your top mount MPV probably has the pressure gauge there.
There is a matching screw in the pump volute in your pics.

Do you have pool solar. That cap looks like it would go at the bottom of the array and was removed to allow draining. The O ring below the gauge in first picture looks like it belongs on the diffuser that is in the pump basket. The diffuser has a "TOP" mark and will fit into the slots on the sealplate behind the impeller. Small plug likely threads into a port on the front of the pump basket.
Be sure to lube the square basket gasket. Your housing gasket (rubber band) is in place. Be sure to lube that before mounting the motor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.