Gold Supporter
Jun 17, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I have a pool and spa,
1. Pentair Variable Speed Pump,
2. Solar Panels on Roof,
3. Old Raypak heater,
4. Three manual Jandy valves
(a) directs in flow from Pentair filter either to Solar panels or to pool heater
(b) directs flow from either pool or spa to Pentair VSP.
(c) directs out flow from heater to either pool or spa

I would like to be able to automate this so I could run solar (or heater) to run spa or pool to a certain temp.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on how I could do this with a control panel, and/or phone app.

Thanks

Jeff

I woukd agree, intellicenter is the way to go and add the swg now (~20% cheaper now and integrated). How far are the panels from your equupment pad? You will need to get a 2 wire cable from the panels to the equipment pad for the solar sensor. I used this sensor
Romalon 42001-0053S Heater Thermistor Stainless Steel 3-Pack for Pool Heater Parts Replacement Part # 42001-0053S Amazon.com

I woukd agree, intellicenter is the way to go and add the swg now (~20% cheaper now and integrated). How far are the panels from your equupment pad? You will need to get a 2 wire cable from the panels to the equipment pad for the solar sensor. I used this sensor
Romalon 42001-0053S Heater Thermistor Stainless Steel 3-Pack for Pool Heater Parts Replacement Part # 42001-0053S Amazon.com
The solar panel are on the roof right next the pool equipment. Just a few feet up to the roof at the bottom, and maybe 10 more feet to the top of the solar panels. Is this an air sensor measuring the roof/panel temperature?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.