Need advise 18” spillover and sports pool bottom

Wallacea21

Apr 10, 2020
Tampa Florida
need advice please. Mine is being built now . 18” raised seems so high now when get in it, and hard for me to get out of spa and see over it to the pool when sitting down In it . Internal is 20” to bench and another 20” to top, and this is before pebble tech and coping is put on, so will be even higher later. Seems like I will feel as if in a large hole, or does it seem this way now cause not finished and no water in it. I keep thinking it may be 18” outside but what is It to be on inside depth? The PB suggested step in corner near the waterfall where we did not put bench that would allow me to get out, any other ideas? They said no other way to fix or change now due to rebar and plumbing. Any other suggestions?

also, sports pool and levels don’t seem right On bottom, how should it flow down? Mine is 30’ long.

Attachments

• C91F13F8-C614-43FA-99DE-375216C8FF2E.jpeg
    C91F13F8-C614-43FA-99DE-375216C8FF2E.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 29
Pool being built now....need help and advice - it is in concrete stage now.
spa is 18” raised and seems so high now.....and when I get in it, it is hard for me to get out of spa. Also, it is hard for me to see over it to the pool when sitting on spa bench. I measured and on outside 18” to coping, inside it is Internal 20” to bench and another 20” to bottom so 40” internal Depth....., and this is before pebble tech and coping is put on pool, so will be even higher later. I feel I may seem as if in a large hole when finished with no line of sight out of pool ...... or does it seem this way now cause not finished and no water in it. I keep thinking it may be 18” outside but what is It to be on inside depth? Is mine wrong?
I did the 18” for easy entry, but didn’t think would have exit issue with 18” spa?...

The PB suggested step in corner near the waterfall corner where we did not put bench that would allow me to get out, any other ideas? They said no other way to fix or change now due to rebar and plumbing. Any other suggestions?

also, sports pool and levels don’t seem right On bottom, how should it flow down? Mine is 30’ long.

Attachments

• 7340499F-37A8-4033-89B4-C2E83602FF5F.jpeg
    7340499F-37A8-4033-89B4-C2E83602FF5F.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 16
You should have a few steps to exit the spa. One step 10" up from the bottom and another step 10" up from the bench. So to get out you have step, bench, step and standing or sitting on coping.

Similarly you need a step on the outside unless you always intend to sit on the coping and swing your legs in and out.

If you have code inspections on your pool that would not pass most building codes which have a maximum step height fo 10" - 12".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.