Centauri20

Jun 5, 2021
Granville, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! We are new pool owners and are struggling with our intelliconnect system. I feel that it was not wired correctly and that may be causing our problems. We have a super flow vst pump and as you can see in the photo, it was hooked up to relay one. Our pool lights are on relay two. I am able to control the lights on our pool when I have the intelliconnect on auto but not the pump. It seems to me that relay one is meant for a smaller pump to control a water feature. Where should our main pump be wired into the intelliconnect? We also do not have the temperature gauge that came with the system wired in. The heater is wired to the intelliconnect, but do you need to have the temperature sensor wired in as well? I was envisioning being able to set the system to a certain temperature and if the pool went below that temperature, then the heater could automatically kick on (like our home heater). Is that possible? I am struggling to keep the water temperature up on days it gets cooler and then when we want to swim we have to wait for it to heat up once I manually set the pump to the higher setting to turn on the heater. I hope my questions make sense. I have reached out to our builder but have not heard back from him. :( I have learned so much from this website and am a pro with my Taylor kit thanks to all of the amazing resources here! Hoping all the experts here can help me with this. Thanks! Julie

Attachments

• DBEF75BE-1BB5-41AA-901D-31B3F78FB094.jpeg
    DBEF75BE-1BB5-41AA-901D-31B3F78FB094.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 17
Hello! We are new pool owners and are struggling with our intelliconnect system. I feel that it was not wired correctly and that may be causing our problems. We have a super flow vst pump and as you can see in the photo, it was hooked up to relay one. Our pool lights are on relay two. I am able to control the lights on our pool when I have the intelliconnect on auto but not the pump. It seems to me that relay one is meant for a smaller pump to control a water feature. Where should our main pump be wired into the intelliconnect? We also do not have the temperature gauge that came with the system wired in. The heater is wired to the intelliconnect, but do you need to have the temperature sensor wired in as well? I was envisioning being able to set the system to a certain temperature and if the pool went below that temperature, then the heater could automatically kick on (like our home heater). Is that possible? I am struggling to keep the water temperature up on days it gets cooler and then when we want to swim we have to wait for it to heat up once I manually set the pump to the higher setting to turn on the heater. I hope my questions make sense. I have reached out to our builder but have not heard back from him. :( I have learned so much from this website and am a pro with my Taylor kit thanks to all of the amazing resources here! Hoping all the experts here can help me with this. Thanks! Julie
Sorry, I posted the around picture! Here is the correct one.

Attachments

• B0A9315E-BF4C-4A18-8329-DB4CA1668F39.jpeg
    B0A9315E-BF4C-4A18-8329-DB4CA1668F39.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 37
You need to tell the IntelliConnect in the app configuration that the filter/pump is connected to relay 1. Check the app configuration.

You need to have the water temperature sensor installed for the Intelliconnect to control the heater.

I have tried to do that, but it doesn’t give me a choice for a variable speed pump when I choose to add something to relay one. Here is what I see on my app screen.

Attachments

• 08AEE0D9-18B0-4B27-9DE4-79CB55510518.png
    08AEE0D9-18B0-4B27-9DE4-79CB55510518.png
    401.2 KB · Views: 11
And here is what I see when I click on relay one to add something. There doesn’t seem to be a choice for a variable speed pump. I have tried to mess with each of these options and I can’t figure it out.

Attachments

• 3FB14450-52B9-4DCC-8A7D-26E3B495A8D7.png
    3FB14450-52B9-4DCC-8A7D-26E3B495A8D7.png
    290 KB · Views: 10
The intellconnect cannot control the Superflo VS. all it can do is turn it on and off.

If your Superflo does not have the RS-485 data connection then you set it up on Relay 1 as a Single Speed Pump and control speeds from the pump control panel.

Allen - Intelliconnect will not control the new Superflo VS with RS485 ----------
Well that explains why I can’t do this! What would you recommended we do? What pump would work with this control center? I am guessing that there is no way then to control the heat system through the intelliconnect since it can’t control the pump? That seems to me to defeat the purpose of having a heater if I can’t have it turn on when the pool temp dips down in the middle of the night.

Allen - Intelliconnect will not control the new Superflo VS with RS485 ----------
Yup, I found it...

External Control via RS-485
The following instructions only apply to SuperFlo® VST and SuperMax® VS pumps manufactured after 10/15/20. For all other pumps, refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.
These pumps can be controlled from certain Pentair control systems, via an RS-485 signal, when paired with the RS-485 Automation Wiring Kit (P/N 356324Z - Black).
Note: IntelliConnect® Control and Monitoring Systems can NOT externally control this pump via RS-485. The pump will need to be connected via digital inputs. Refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.
Note: If the pump is manually stopped using the Start/Stop button, the pump will not run until the Start/Stop button is pressed. If the Start/Stop
LED is illuminated, the pump is active and can be controlled externally.
Only the GREEN and YELLOW conductors will be used to wire the pump for external control via RS-485. See Figure 4.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well that explains why I can’t do this! What would you recommended we do?

Set it up as a single speed pump.

Or you can swap the Superflo pump for an IntelliFlo pump that the IntelliConnect supports.
What pump would work with this control center? I am guessing that there is no way then to control the heat system through the intelliconnect since it can’t control the pump? That seems to me to defeat the purpose of having a heater if I can’t have it turn on when the pool temp dips down in the middle of the night.

Your heater problem has nothing to do with your pump control. The pump need to be running for the IntelliConnect to control the heater. You need the water temperature sensor for that.

Last edited:
Set it up as a single speed pump.

Or you can swap the Superflo pump for an IntelliFlo pump that the InetlliConnect supports.

Your heater problem has nothing to do with your pump control. The pump need to be running for the IntelliConnect to control the heater. You need the water temperature sensor for that.
Thank you so much for your help. I’ll reach out to my builder and see what we can do.

The intellconnect cannot control the Superflo VS. all it can do is turn it on and off.
Would the intellicenter be able to control the superflo? I am guessing my builder went with the intelliconnect instead of the intellicenter due to back order issues. Looking back at my contract, it says I would get the intellicenter system.

If the Superflo is of the new version, yes, the Intellicenter will control it. Better is the Intelliflo VS.

Yup, I found it...

External Control via RS-485
The following instructions only apply to SuperFlo® VST and SuperMax® VS pumps manufactured after 10/15/20. For all other pumps, refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.
These pumps can be controlled from certain Pentair control systems, via an RS-485 signal, when paired with the RS-485 Automation Wiring Kit (P/N 356324Z - Black).
Note: IntelliConnect® Control and Monitoring Systems can NOT externally control this pump via RS-485. The pump will need to be connected via digital inputs. Refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.
Note: If the pump is manually stopped using the Start/Stop button, the pump will not run until the Start/Stop button is pressed. If the Start/Stop
LED is illuminated, the pump is active and can be controlled externally.
Only the GREEN and YELLOW conductors will be used to wire the pump for external control via RS-485. See Figure 4
Sorry, I posted the around picture! Here is the correct one.
Have you contacted Pentair? They have great customer service and can walk you thru steps to fix problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.