Need a little reassurance

Jun 1, 2015
Central TX
I'm back in the pool game again. Had an Intex for a couple of years. Took a break and now I'm back, this time with a more professional build (in sig). Pools been running for a week. Started out a little cloudy and off color, but one day of filter running and it cleared right up. Could that just be the new liner? Anyway, today's test results
FC 4.0
CC .5 (maybe) slight pink, consistent for all three tests this week
PH 7.5
CH 150
TA 110
CYA 30
CSI -.27
TEMP 82°

The reason for this thread you ask. I have seen a few backswimmers (I think), no more than 6 at a time for the last two days. I also get a strong chlorine smell at the return only in the immediate seconds after starting the filter system. Combined with the CC number, I am concerned all is not right. Should I be worried? SLAM?

TIA

Butch

IMG_20200522_145313.jpg

If the smell goes away almost immediately and your CC is .5 or less that’s fine. However, you should perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to ensure you don’t have any algae lurking in the water to be safe.

Good deal on passing the OCLT. All good on that front. On the backstrokers or whatever, I have no idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.