Kentucky
Cl 2.0
Cc 0
PH 7.8
TA 100
Cya 30
Im
Not using the online Clorinator

pool seems like maybe a little bit dingy in the deep end tonight. I know chlorine w is low and need to add some. But I have battled high pH all season. Ranging from 7.8 to 8.0
1. Add chlorine?
2. Try to Lower ph once again ( have tried numerous times all season and it just won’t budge)
3. If u say add chlorine and ph minus which add first and do I wait in between adding chlorine and ph
Thanks!

yes add CL.
PH can be ongoing issue. You said adding PH minus. Are you adding muriatic acid or something else? MA brings down both PH and TA. Lowering TA helps stabilize or slow down PH rise. Add MA to get to 7.2 or so.

check out pool school ABCs of pool water chemistry
And this one
Chemicals recommended

I just found out my son Put some dry shock in it last night. Is it ok to go use bleach in it since he used the dry stuff last night?? And r u worried about the ph staying up? I have tried to get it down.
thanks for ur quick response!!!

I just found out my son Put some dry shock in it last night. Is it ok to go use bleach in it since he used the dry stuff last night?? And r u worried about the ph staying up? I have tried to get it down.
thanks for ur quick response!!!
Once the powder has dissolved, it's safe to mix types of chlorine.

pH should get lowered when it hits 8. If you want to do it a little sooner, that's okay, too. Just wait fifteen minutes between chemical additions. Go low -- target 7.2. That will get the most TA reduction which will slow the pH rise a little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.