Concord, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This will be my second pool opening but the first where I actually (mostly) know what I'm doing, thanks to TFP! I did a full test yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at some of my readings. I was curious about how the water reacted to the record-setting amounts of rainfall since September. I've had to pump off water several times. I've kept the chlorine up during the winter by periodic additions of bleach.

FC 8 (I had just added 1 gal of 10% bleach - went a little over)
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 40
CH 150
CYA 40

The TA is a little low but I'm adding CYA and I understand that will raise the TA some. PoolMath suggested 7# of CYA to get up to 70 but I'm going slow and adding 2# at a time.

Once I get CYA up to 70 I'll look at salt and hook up the SWCG again. Water temp was 56 and slowly climbing. Water looks clear, just a few leaves that keep blowing into it. The next big item is to clean out the sand filter again. I know pool season will be here before I know it!!!

The TA is a little low but I'm adding CYA and I understand that will raise the TA some. PoolMath suggested 7# of CYA to get up to 70 but I'm going slow and adding 2# at a time.

Yes, go slowly with the CYA. It sometimes takes a few days to completely show up on a test properly. So better to undershoot, then overshoot. :cheers:

Reactions: EdKuhn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.