Nasty Black Pool Inherited from Home Purchase

I went back and looked at your "Before" pictures. It makes it hard to believe that it's the same water in the pool.
Your story should serve to encourage others who doubt that it can be done.

Congratulations on your beautiful sparkling pool.

Did they kind of look like crickets? I had some hideous cricket looking things in my pool the spring before TFP. Actual nasty looking bugs rather than the "light framed" bugs you usually see in water like the skimmer things and the back swimmer things.
Hideous. Like a mole cricket. Blech.

*edit*

Ugh. I can't believe I just let myself Google that. I'm pretty sure what I had in my pool living in the muck on the bottom was hundreds of nasty disgusting hideously ugly mole crickets.

I think those are what it was. Their head wasn't that big but it looked almost exactly like those nasty things.
Also Google turned this up. I was LOLing.
fd1abf512e062772b9ce17a7eccbb276.jpg

OK, I live in Arizona and we have some pretty freaky critters here (some being fairly poisonous too) and I have to say - what circle of Hades did those mole-crickets crawl out from?!?!?! Holy cannoli, if my pool were infested with those, I think I'd just dynamite the pool, burn the house down, pack the family in the car and run for my life!!!

I have not posted to this thread yet, but I looked at the first pool image posted and the sparkly clean pool and all I have to say is - WOW, JOB WELL DONE! Your pool looks amazing now and I love your backyard. Even the concrete decking looks 100% better than when you started. You should feel very proud of yourself and I would make windowed picture frame with the before and after shots and hang it near the pool for all people to see!!

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently they are harmless
KPpOolH_zpsk8a5ytng.jpg

But the more important question is this - after roasting them on the BBQ, do they go better with garlic-butter, honey-mustard or hot sauce....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those above are mole crickets but I did some googling and dragonfly nymphs are what was in my pool.
Thank you so much for finally answering my question. There was probably 50 in my pool. When it was black I would hit them with the flashlight beam at night and they would scurry off to the bottom. I sworn it was some sort of alien in my pool.

If we had this conversation while my pool was dirty I would have been upset with you guys for poking fun of my bug pond.
It's all behind me now and I think it's hilarious!!!

LOL! This is great! Somebody early on probably said you would look back and laugh. I'm not going to speculate what you might have said back! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.