My wifes childhood dream

michaelsliz

Aug 28, 2010
well best said in photos really, this was built by Pool builders (real name) of ottawa Ontario Canada. It took them two weeks to build!

its 34 x16 with 8.5' deep end and about 18,000gal.

Theo

May 17, 2010
GTA Ontario
Very nice! I'm sure your family will love it.

It's very similar in size/shape to our pool, but it seems from the pics you have a bigger shallow end. I have shallow-endvy! My kids are pretty young and when their friends are over the small shallow end gets a bit crowded. I'm sure as my crew gets older they'll migrate to the deep end.

Funny thing... as soon as I saw that backyard I knew you had to be somewhere in Ontario. Something about he shape of the yard, colour of the grass and vegetation in the ravine behind your place.

michaelsliz

Aug 28, 2010
Yep up in sunny Ottawa enjoying the scorching heat being pushed up by the hurricane!

Thanks for all the comments, just had nice 7.30am swim to start the day off :)

michaelsliz

Aug 28, 2010
Hmm - the thought of swimming with a million bull frogs is not overly appealing, but then i have the joy this spring of fishing them out the pool!

Neighbours count in one night was over 20!

Suziqzer

TFP Expert
Sep 21, 2009
Greentown, IN
Good for you in making her dream come to life! I had a childhood dream of a pool too & I can tell you it's a great thing to have someone do something like that for you. My hubby did so for me as well, although not quite so elaborate... couldn't afford the inground. I love my pool and we just keep adding on to the deck and landscape around it (we are do it yourselfers), it's becoming our little oasis... only way we could afford it, but love it!

Beautiful pool you have... I envy that you have a shallow end!