My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

LOL Geoff! You are SO funny! If you sneak a peek at your siggy you will see I put your real name to help all of us know it and remember it!

Now Will it is 5:36 am here in T-town FL. and yeah I am here looking for MORE pics! LOL

Kim:kim:

Cant wait to see more. Pretty tile you picked. Glad the dolphins are gone. With the air bubble placement, it looked like they had a lot of gas! Lol I can't believe whoever installed them didn't catch that mistake!

Thank you Shantely, I could not believe that didn't get caught either. Also we found one of the waterline tiles in the spa was set upside down. The center of the tile had two dolphins jumping so the the upside down one looked way out of place.

Here is the tile finished in all its glory. Kim, we went with Silhouette for the grout color. We thought it was a good match with the tile as it appears to be a mix between brown and gray. Also I forgot to mention, before the tile guy started I painted the sheer decent a dark blue which seems to have worked out well as you can barely pick it out in the photos. I hope the paint doesn't peel when exposed to water.

I do not have a lot of pictures of the pebble process as i was at work during the application. But i did find a few.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I forgot to mention during my previous post that there was an issue. As you can see in the pictures the previous return jets had a white collar and i was informed the day before the pebble was to be applied that they would not be replacing those. I wish I had known that fact during the weeks it sat empty while the tile was installed and waiting for the pebble install date. I would have found a way to replace them. My contract states they will replace the returns and drains with dark gray but the apparently means only the fittings themselves not the ugly white collar. They are going to stick out like a sore thumb.

:mad: :brickwall:

Also during the pebble application process they knocked one of the collars off and instead of fixing it they replaced it with a new style so now the four jets in the spa do not match. I wish they would have just taken them all off before applying the pebble. I hope they have a solution to this issue.

Geoff, I have a sad about the collars :( I would take a picture to the owner of the Pool Company and ask them if they REALLY wanted people to see that with their company name on the contract. That is not good work or customer service.

Sorry to everyone following my posts for the delay in updates. There were some additional issues in the pebble that came up and i had to work with the company to get them to agree to fix, more on that later.

But first, here are the post acid wash / fill day photos. Please disregard the yellow flowers floating, my neighbor has a giant mesquite tree that he refuses to keep on his side of the fence. That tree drops all types of stuff year round and my pool loves to grab whatever falls.

It took over 32 hours for it to fill it to the middle of the skimmer and then an additional hour of filling once i got the filter and pipes air free.

Geoff, I have a sad about the collars :( I would take a picture to the owner of the Pool Company and ask them if they REALLY wanted people to see that with their company name on the contract. That is not good work or customer service.

Kim, they came up with an idea to fix the collar issue. They found a return fitting eyeball that has a collar built in that will cover the white. Went they came to install them they were not deep enough for the threads to catch so they are going to modify them by trimming a lip off the back side. Once that happens they will look great. I will post a follow up to that soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.