My Vegas remodel - goodbye 90's

Well i finally found time to update my post for all of you nice people. I'm sorry it has taken so long to update the post, there were some issues and i have been fighting with the plasterer to get them fixed. They are scheduled to come and drain the pool next week and make the necessary repairs. Here are a few pictures of the almost finished product. These were taken just after filling and balancing the water to TFP levels.

So here is the story about the big issue with this install.

It all started out as a little problem. Once we filled the pool and balanced the water we noticed a few spots in the deep end that looked underexposed. Like they didnt clear enough cream off during the acid wash. I will look for better pictures when i get home tonight to post. I have zoomed in on these pictures and you can sortof see the issues but know that when the water was calm they stand out like a sore thumb. And at night we all know that the pool lights magnify everything so that was not going to cut it.

Originally they thought i was being maybe too picky and started to give me the ole "plaster is a troweled ...... and it is never 100% perfect" spiel. That is when i told them they needed to come look, they finally came out after about 10 days of calling and trying to schedule a time for them to look at the issue. The project manager said they would have to discuss the issue and decide how they wanted to fix it. A few more days go by before hearing back from them and they tell me they want to drain the pool for a closer inspection. After a bit of negotiation, by that i mean getting them to agree to cover the startup chemicals and cost of water i agree.
They come the next day and start the drain process and say they will be back tomorrow. The owner is going to come by and look at it to figure out how to fix it. At this point i thought a simple acid wash would clear it all up but once it was drained i found other issues. I will get into those on my next post, i promise it will not be as long as i took to post this one. I think i should have time tomorrow to get everyone up to speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.