My user name says it all!

I must be doing something wrong. There is no way my FC went from 2ppm to 25 with the amount of bleach I put in. This morning I got FC 25 and CC .... Maybe I didn't use enough of the powder in last nights test? It didnt turn PINK, it was just pink

I must be doing something wrong. There is no way my FC went from 2ppm to 25 with the amount of bleach I put in. This morning I got FC 25 and CC .... Maybe I didn't use enough of the powder in last nights test? It didnt turn PINK, it was just pink
Good call. You're learning. That's the beauty of self-testing. You know when something is wrong.

Testing error is usually the cause of bizarre results when testing. Easy rule of thumb: if you have one or two undissolved granules in the mix after adding the powder, you have enough. They'll disappear when you start adding drops. Don't ask me how or why. It just is.

Good call. You're learning. That's the beauty of self-testing. You know when something is wrong.

Testing error is usually the cause of bizarre results when testing. Easy rule of thumb: if you have one or two undissolved granules in the mix after adding the powder, you have enough. They'll disappear when you start adding drops. Don't ask me how or why. It just is.

I think I did that, because yesterday morning, I put WAY too much, and it was clumped up floating on top of the water while I was testing. I think Im starting to get it though lol.

BTW, the kids love watching the water change. Its like magic to them

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yea the extra will help kill faster. Did you do the measurements at dusk and prior to morning direct light on pool? Sun eats CH. Algae eats CH. if sunlight is out of equation then you still have some organic or algae hiding in there someplace. But I use my pool while cleaning the startup crud stuff.

Yea the extra will help kill faster. Did you do the measurements at dusk and prior to morning direct light on pool? Sun eats CH. Algae eats CH. if sunlight is out of equation then you still have some organic or algae hiding in there someplace. But I use my pool while cleaning the startup crud stuff.

it was after dark, and just before direct sunlight this morning. without a doubt still some algae, i brushed a little before heading to work. the pool is getting more attention than my wife and kids these days. that's a LOT of attention!

The higher the faster it will go so..........................aim high!

Ki

Just noticed you are in Tallahassee. No place like home! My family moved to Alabama in '89, but I still consider Tallahassee home. I miss Florida

- - - Updated - - -

I am bored at work (Saturdays are dead) and have been just reading threads all over the boards.

- - - Updated - - -

in 24minutes, i head home for another test. been pretty cloudy today, so i hope to see the chlorine high still

I'm beginning to think I'm doing this all wrong.... this morning I checked FC 25, and CC 1. This afternoon it was same. I thought "I messed it up" and tried again to get 26.5 and 1!!

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

It has rained a little, and has been cloudy. Sun is out right now.
ce30547facc17a214d909ac3af34bee6.jpg

Here is a pic from yesterday or Thursday
12cc09c2a43bde662c78849038f3a244.jpg

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

I got my teacher degree from FSU and learned how to teach in the School of Hard Knocks LOL

We love us some FSU football!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Testing----------Have you watched a video of how to do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMKcjSxot-s

See if that helps at all.

You can also take pics of you doing the test and let us see if we see anything you are doing or not doing.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.