My testing kit is delayed

I have an old school Jandy PDA. My question is, where do I add the chlorine/bleach and acid? You had said the “return jet”, but I’m not sure what or where that is.
Also, when adding the granulated CYA, I’ve read about the sock method but am I sure whether it means an actual old white tube sock or a nylon skimmer sock.

I have an old school Jandy PDA. My question is, where do I add the chlorine/bleach and acid? You had said the “return jet”, but I’m not sure what or where that is.

Where does the water come out of pipes into your pool? They are typcially on the sides of your pool wall or if you have an IFCS on the pool floor.

Those are your return jets.

Also, when adding the granulated CYA, I’ve read about the sock method but am I sure whether it means an actual old white tube sock or a nylon skimmer sock.

Use an old white tube sock.

full

full

Last edited:
You will note that Allen grabbed a pair of socks in his photo.. if you need more than will fit in one sock use two.. you have 8 return jets. ALSO it prevents the dreaded orphaned sock syndrome.

I sometimes get 3 socks going.

Please forgive my ignorance, but can you clarify what the “return jet” is?

Edit - Disregard, I got distracted in typing my response and didnt see it was figured out a few minutes ago.

I'm speculating here, but are you looking at the equipment pad to try and find the return jet?

If so, you would never add chemicals at the equipment pad. You would want to add them to your pool in front of a return jet (usually under water on the walls of the pool, and has water coming out of them from your equipment... ie, it is returning to the pool from the equipment). Pour it in there and the water coming from the return jet helps mix it in with the rest of the pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.