My pump does not stop when turned off,what could it be?

badaboom423

Jul 9, 2020
Apex, NC
I have it scheduled so it runs on high for 12 hours. However, when the system tries turning it off, it still runs in slow. Even without the schedule, if I turn off the pump from the control panel, I can still hear it on low. What could be the problem?

If I remember right, with your automation it takes two relays to switch from high speed to low speed.. One relay switches between High and Low while the other relay turns the pump on and off.. So... it sounds like the relay that turns things on and off is stuck in the on position..

Lets see if we can get one of our Hayward guys to chime in on this one.. I'll take a peak at the manual and see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Not sure I understand exactly how it works, but to run a 2-speed pump takes your pump filter relay plus one of the Aux relays configured to be used as part of the 2-speed pump control..

I would set up your automation so that the pump is running on low when it should not be running, and then locate the Aux relay being used for the 2-speed pump circuit and hit it with the plastic handle of a screw driver or something.. If the relay is hung up, this may jar it loose..

For your 2-speed pump to be running on low when it should be off, it means the aux relay is either being told to turn on, or the relay is bad.

Do you have a voltmeter?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.