My pool looks like a swamp! New owner, 1st time opening, Help!

Ok, thanks! Hopefully soon!??

Here's how it's looking now:

And here you can just make out the drain in the deep end!

- - - Updated - - -

When I'm vacuuming now, I'm most just seeing some algae laying around, no big leaves or anything, should I be vacuuming to waste or filter? I just want to do anything I can to speed up this process. :D

Don't get discouraged. This took 2 weeks of solid work and checking the pool every 2 hours. If I can do it, so can you!

WOW! Awesome job.. I'm seeing progress every day!

- - - Updated - - -

How is it looking this morning?

Looking better, I can see the bottom pretty much all over except the deepest point, but I can see the main drain more clearly. I just got done vacuuming, looked like "sand" laying in rows along the bottom. I'm guessing it's still algae?

I'll post a pic of the pool later this afternoon, the water is pretty stirred up right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what I'm talking about on the bottom..

Thanks... Funny... My dad has a pool, has for 30 years, he thinks I'm crazy trying this. He swears by the pool store and keeps telling me, you just need to go get a shock kit, and says those forums out there can have a lot of bad information.

I'm a big fan of forums. I've had several sports cars and the forums have been wonderful.

Questions...
1) it's supposed to rain quite a bit today, anything I'm going to need to do different other than keep an eye on the water level?
2) will it help to use the scrub brush on the pole and stir up whats left on the bottom, until I can see to vacuum?

That's funny. I was talking to my dad last night who has a cloudy pool and cannot get rid of it. He is going to go get pool stored today. Some people never listen.

Wish he lived close enough to run over with my K2006 to get him squared up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.