My pool looks like a swamp! New owner, 1st time opening, Help!

Thanks Patrick_B!! Doing the OCLT tonight, and hopefully all is good. Over the last 6 hours earlier this evening, I didn't lose any FC.

I do have question, when I was brushing the bottom tonight, I noticed some air bubbles under the liner, should I be concerned?

I wouldn't worry about it for now, just see if they get any worse. Run two OCLT to be sure when you are finally at the end. If you aren't Crystal clear right now you ought to be pretty soon. Remember, that's part of passing the SLAM.

Did the OCLT, FC was actually a little higher this morning than my test number last night. Is that just the + - degree of error in testing? My FC was only 1.5ppm higher. Pool is clear.
What is your FC? I doubt 1.5 "more" is within the testing error.

Personally, I would conduct another Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) tonight just to be sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Agreed, but no biggie. It's easy to be off a drop or two...or a have little sample size variation. You're right though, can't make an FC gain at all.
I'll do another test tonight and see. If numbers are correct, I've hit 2 of 3 qualifications to be done with the SLAM. Will have to test CC in the morning to see if I hit the 3rd, and then swimming this weekend!!

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to ask, once the SLAM is done, do I start using my tablet chlorinator? I've never used one, previous home owner said he filled it up about once a week .

If my CC isn't .5 or less, what do I do to bring it down. It was according to my daughter, at 2, but she didn't do it correctly, I think she put 4 drops in and said it was clear instead of drop by drop. I'm not home so I can't do the testing today. Just wanted to know in case it is above .5 what steps to take and if I'll need to go get anything.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.