My pool is a disaster ?

Well then you are not adding enough chlorine if it continues to read zero. The only other explanation is that the test kit you are using is so bad that you have too much chlorine in your pool and it is making the test reads 0

I'm sorry. I guess I'm missing the "help".
Like i said i don't understand any of this. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I know nothing on this pool works right & i don't even understand a little bit of this.
I read the ABCs. I read the pool school stuff.
I don't see any solutions. I'm just lost.

I don't see what procedures you are talking about.
I think this thread just made me more confused because i can't tell who is responding & im getting replies out of order or something.
Either way, the pool is clearly not for me.

Sorry things are not going your way.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

How big of a pool are we talking about here?
What test kit are you using?

Please take a look at these in Pool School so we can talk the same language:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw your added question. The answer is you use PoolMath to do the calculations for you. Enter your test results, enter your desire level, and bam it tells you what you need to add.

- - - Updated - - -

Note I also merged your 2 threads as we were already duplicating efforts and asking the same questions. Please keep all your questions in here for now.

A lot of people are trying to help you but you don’t seem very receptive to it.

Simply adding chlorine isn’t going to solve the problem if it isn’t enough chlorine, you’re not maintaining those correct levels and you don’t have numbers to give them.

I'm sorry. I guess I'm missing the "help".
Like i said i don't understand any of this. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I know nothing on this pool works right & i don't even understand a little bit of this.
I read the ABCs. I read the pool school stuff.
I don't see any solutions. I'm just lost.

Your answers are above... you need to step back read and enter the information required in the pool math program... You may be getting frustrated but its been pointed out several times you are not adding enough.. We cannot do it for you or give you the magical number a pool requires work especially when things go bad. When i got the larger pool the first time filling it i just took money and tossed it in the pool as i was just tossing everything in to fix the problem. After several hours of reading here i was able to fix and clear things up quick and cheap... So step back take a breath relax step away from it for a day and just read read read... While you are reading find a old/new floor broom or a car wash broom ( what i use) and use it to sweep/stirr up the bottom and let the filter do its job

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I reposted the help sections that was already posted for u... when a pool goes wrong it's not a over night fix... but once u learn and understand and get it fixed. It will almost become a routine talking a few min a night and then every few days. I have mine dialed in and only need a few times a week to check things out...

I read those sections. I just reread this entire thread. Its just me asking the same questions over & over & over again but i don't see the answers.
The few suggestions i have seen - like sweeping the pool - are things im already doing. Its not working. Idk why.
I just ordered the test kit yall reccomended today & more shock since someone said I'm not adding enough.
I just added more shock. Im unclear if that's what I'm supposed to do.
I still don't know how to get rid of the air in the vaccuum line or how to get the connections tight enough they wont leak or really anything else but I've wasted enough time here.
Sorry I'm just not on the same page you guys are. I wish i was. Have a good night.

RaeHib,

First and foremost, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

If I may make a few suggestions,
First, it seems to me like you’re “frazzled.” I’m not sure if that’s really a word, but it’s one I commonly use when I’m frustrated and exhausted. For me it’s commonly brought on by my kids. Before we continue let’s try to pick one issue and work from there. There’s no need to tackle every problem, just the most vital.

So, in one of your posts you mentioned you purchased a “robot vacuum.” You then went on to say it leaks water at the connectors. To me I’m thinking there’s a slight mixup of terms here as what we commonly call robots has no connectors. What I’m thinking you purchased is a “suction side cleaner” that hooks up to your pump and runs from there. Regardless of the term, if it’s sucking air, remove it and let’s focus on dialing in your chemistry first THEN we’ll focus on getting everything perfect.

If I may ask, what test kit do you have? Additionally you mentioned you purchased a $200 kit, which one was that???

To all, I ask that you please allow RaeHib time to answer and communicate with us before tossing more information their way. Let’s take things one step at a time and work with what we got.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.