My new pool part 2!

Reactions: DieselBeast
Nope. Have at it now to save future DB a little effort.

Your pool is unique. Even compared to your next door neighbor. Don't even THINK about comparing it to an Arizona pool. It will tell you where it wants to be if you listen to it. :)

It does. Especially with the SWG. I would get antsy after a week or two of not being needed and brush/vac the pool to appease the pool God's continual shining upon me.
Ha ha ha!!! I will do weekly offerings of brushing to the pool gods!!! Thanks again man!!

Reactions: Newdude
Ok so numbers are stabilized, feeling / looking good. My CYA is 55, so “60”.

Our chart tells me 4 is a good #, but I’m a little high 5.5 now.

Any issues with holding FC a little high? I think I was at 70 CYA last year & 6 FC … but I could be making that up.

Any issues with holding FC a little high?
Just a stupid clear pool. It can be stupid clear down to minimum, but near minimum you have that much less wiggle room. I follow the LC side of the chart with my SWG and usually overproduce on that. I have wiggle room for literal days and it helps my lazi-ititus immensely.

FC does burn off as a %, so it does so a little faster at a higher FC, but it's marginal barely noticeable. Well worth the trade offs IMO. If I told anyone they would stay clear all summer without a care in the world for an extra $50( ? Maybe less) in chlorone all summer, they'd have their wallet out before I finished my sentence.

Just a stupid clear pool. It can be stupid clear down to minimum, but near minimum you have that much less wiggle room. I follow the LC side of the chart with my SWG and usually overproduce on that. I have wiggle room for literal days and it helps my lazi-ititus immensely.

FC does burn off as a %, so it does so a little faster at a higher FC, but it's marginal barely noticeable. Well worth the trade offs IMO. If I told anyone they would stay clear all summer without a care in the world for an extra $50( ? Maybe less) in chlorone all summer, they'd have their wallet out before I finished my sentence.
Fantastic, so cya 60 FC 6-7 I’m safe !! That will be my aim .. I also seem so suffer from bouts of Lazi- itus from time to time .. glad to hear there’s a treatment to help us lol

Ok, next question lol

Is there a good way to test salt if I don’t have the salt test ? Do I just have to trust pool company tests?

My SWG I believe wants 3200 - 3400

SWG is showing 3100

Do I top up trusting SWG?

Ok, next question lol

Is there a good way to test salt if I don’t have the salt test ? Do I just have to trust pool company tests?

My SWG I believe wants 3200 - 3400

SWG is showing 3100

Do I top up trusting SWG?
@Newdude @Texas Splash sorry to bother you guys, hoping you can point me in the right direction

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
sorry to bother you guys,
Never EVER be sorry man. More like sorry we missed this yetserday.
No.. it's probably a half dozen or 6 if the pool store or the SWG has worse #s. But even if you have better #'s than the SWG, you still can't argue with it. So you might as well just let it be happy if it's happy.

The cells measure the conductivity of the water instead of the salinity. Temperature affects it and it may change throughout the day/week. So never dose from the unit unless it's saying low.

I relied on the low salt light for 9 years and I plan on continuing once my build is finished.

Never EVER be sorry man. More like sorry we missed this yetserday.

No.. it's probably a half dozen or 6 if the pool store or the SWG has worse #s. But even if you have better #'s than the SWG, you still can't argue with it. So you might as well just let it be happy if it's happy.

The cells measure the conductivity of the water instead of the salinity. Temperature affects it and it may change throughout the day/week. So never dose from the unit unless it's saying low.

I relied on the low salt light for 9 years and I plan on continuing once my build is finished.
Ahh, ok I for some reason though I was supposed to be 3200-3400 .. but I guess that’s making sense ! Thank you !!

, ok I for some reason though I was supposed to be 3200-3400 .
Probably because the manual says so. It also says to never have a FC above 3 and CYA can be up to 200. :ROFLMAO: They picked an 'ideal range' just like anybody else. But the unit doesn't care. It's on or off based on the salt reading.

• Haha
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.