My "New" Pool in SCHERTZ, TX

*note to many many future readers of this epic thread that will inevitably come up as they themselves agonize over a perfect color selection.

Pick anything in the general spectrum that you like. It will change, sometimes by the hour, and rarely sit at what you agonized over.

But here’s the thing. If you like the base color, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE the dozens of variations of it. And the pinks, oranges and even the grays/blacks as the sun disappears. Many of them co-mingle so you will see several of the 2nd/3rd/4th choices as the sky changes. And. You. Will. Love. Them. All.

A LOT of my agonizing over the color happened even before the thread started! Looked and SO. MANY. PICTURES. OF .POOLS!
Oh yeah. Before. During. Second/third/forth guessing after. We’ve ALL been there. But how’d it work out ??? You have all kinds of colors that you *didn’t* pick. And they are all SPECTACULAR.

And they are still coming. The back half of the season is different from the first half. Rest assured you’ll love those too. !!

Reactions: TexasRain
In the early season I could change my color drastically just by walking around the yard. At the second story deck it was yellow reflecting the pollen popping. Across the yard it was neon green reflecting the leaves popping. Then a few steps closer and POOF it was blue again. There were dozens of blues over the course of the day, Pink and Orange as the sun went down and for 20 min immediately after it went from dark gray to black.

Soooooooooo much needless worry over ‘blue’.

Ditto. I agonized over pool color choices thinking, this is permanent. I HAVE to love it. And in the end, just like the waterline tile, it really didn't matter. All pools are blue and yes the color changes. Anything picked will work!

TXRain - Where did you get your fancy stancy umbrellas? Those are nice!

Ditto. I agonized over pool color choices thinking, this is permanent. I HAVE to love it. And in the end, just like the waterline tile, it really didn't matter. All pools are blue and yes the color changes. Anything picked will work!

TXRain - Where did you get your fancy stancy umbrellas? Those are nice!
IKEA! Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
perfect! That's the info I needed. I was agonizing on what umbrella would fit, etc. Thanks!

I’m looking at these to hold the umbrellas in our plastic anchors in the pool and around the deck (and for water volley ball pools).

I talked to the company and they stated they screw into the waterways plastic anchors that our PB installed.

Reactions: JMSMommy
Finally getting the disaster in the front/side yard fixed from the pool construction access. HOA will be happy...
:giggle:
So random...for the grass, do we need edging against the deck so the grass doesn't grow over? Not sure if that makes sense...but I am trying to type up all the things I need for landscaping and the some landscapers say I need edging and some dont even mention it.

So random...for the grass, do we need edging against the deck so the grass doesn't grow over? Not sure if that makes sense...but I am trying to type up all the things I need for landscaping and the some landscapers say I need edging and some dont even mention it.
I am not having any grass in the backyard by my pool so I am not sure. Only doing the grass in the front.

Even if you get some kind of edging stuff you will still need to use an edger to keep it back as grass will grow up to the edging stuff then over it. Just know your pool may get some grass clippings in it if the person doing the edging with the machine is not VERY careful to keep it out.

Hi y'all! Been a while, Soooo my pool was filled with water a year ago (2/2021) and I am proud to say that all my punch items are finally finished!!!! 🤦‍♀️:LOL: We are happy! and we have our "rockscaping" and pavers around the pool almost done as well. I will get some pictures this weekend to share.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.